PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 142: Physical Education Teacher - Coach/Chaperone for 2019 Special Olympics Peter Aquilone Memorial Floor Hockey Tournament (OSWP)
- Posted Date: Oct 20, 2019 Deadline: Dec 1, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers to serve as coaches and chaperones at the 2019 Special Olympics Peter Aquilone Memorial Floor Hockey Tournament (Approximately 30 positions)
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
655 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001
• Licensed New York City Department of Education Physical Education Teacher
• Currently teaches students who have been selected to participate in the 2019 Special Olympics Peter Aquilone Memorial Floor Hockey Tournament
• Must be certified as a Special Olympics coach
• At least 3 years’ experience teaching Adapted Physical Education
• Experience instructing students with an intellectual disability
• Experience in coaching Special Olympics floor hockey
• Experience in officiating Special Olympics activities
• Preference given to teachers who have a higher number of students participating in the event
- Chaperoning students for the Special Olympics Peter Aquilone Memorial Floor Hockey Tournament throughout the day
- Acting as coach for assigned students during the tournament
- Carrying and lifting equipment/supplies needed for the event
Saturday, December 14, 2019
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
(Approximately 7 hours per position)
The training rate of compensation is the contractual hourly staff development rate, which is currently $23.30. Please bring a copy of your resume with you to process paperwork (an OP-175 and timesheet will be provided).
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Email application: OP175, copy of your resume and cover letter by 12/1/19 to email@example.com
Subject line, “2019 SO Peter Aquilone Memorial Floor Hockey Tournament”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.