PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1452: Teachers (Developer of Assessment Support Materials: NYC Comprehensive Exam for Language Other Than English: LOTE) - OA
- Posted Date: Jan 11, 2019 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Developer of Assessment Support Materials: NYC Comprehensive Exam for Language Other Than English (LOTE) (Up to 15 positions)
Various locations within the Department of Education (likely Long Island City)
New York City Department of Education license as a teacher of LOTE in Chinese, French, Italian, Korean, or Spanish
· Fluency (read, write, and speak) in one of the following languages: Chinese, French, Italian, Korean, or Spanish
· Demonstrated ability to communicate (read, write, and speak) effectively in the language of fluency
· Familiarity with New York State LOTE Checkpoint A and B benchmarks and the format of the LOTE Comprehensive exams
· Familiarity with World Readiness Standards for Language Learning
· Experience scoring Part 4 of the Comprehensive Exam for LOTE
· At least 3 years of experience working as a language teacher
· Ability to work well in groups and committees
· Ability to meet ongoing deadlines
· Comfort and proficiency with using collaborative software (e.g., for conference calls/webinars and sharing web-based documents) and word processing/publishing software (Word, Adobe Pro, Google docs, etc.)
· Effective or Highly Effective rating required
· Satisfactory cover letter which includes your qualifications and availability (See below)
· Ability to work during the February break (2/18 – 2/22) and/or the April break (4/19 - 4/26), plus occasional weekday evenings and weekends; exact dates and times TBD based on availability and language
· Applicants will be selected to ensure a variety of schools are represented across the development team and within language teams
· Analyze, produce, revise/edit assessment scoring materials for the language in which you are fluent
· Maintain and submit timesheets for relevant activities
· Submit assessment scoring materials by various rolling deadlines (To Be Determined)
· Attend a training session development session and possibly additional development days after school and/or on weekends between February and May 2019
· Attend in person meetings and conference calls between February and May (as needed)
· Maintain ongoing communication with the development team until exams are complete
February 2018 through May 2019 – Up to, but not limited to, 30 hours per position. Additional hours granted upon approval of the Hiring Manager.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Send your cover letter, resume, a copy of your appropriate license, information about your availability February - May, contact information for two people who can serve as professional references, OP175, and OP175W if necessary by May 31, 2019 to email@example.com
Note: applicants may be asked to complete a performance task and/or participate in an interview as part of the hiring process.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.