PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 147: Supervisor - Administrator - Resource Reviewer (OSWP)
- Posted Date: Oct 22, 2019 Deadline: Nov 22, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Administrator – Resource Reviewer (Approximately 20 positions available)
NYC DOE Office of School Wellness Programs
28-11 Queens Plaza North, Room 500
Long Island City, NY 11101
Or another approved Office of School Wellness Programs location
- NYCDOE licensed and appointed Principals, Assistant Principals, and Supervisors
- Knowledge and experience overseeing elementary, middle, or high school Health Education and/or Physical Education
- Knowledge of various Health Education and/or Physical Education instructional resources
- Proficient understanding of one or more of the following:
- New York State Health Education Standards
- National Health Education Standards
- National Sexuality Education Standards
- New York State Physical Education Standards
- SHAPE America National Standards for Physical Education
- Understanding of how Health Education and Physical Education support the NYCDOE Wellness Policy
At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within the NYCDOE
- Attend professional learning opportunities designed to strengthen ability to review Health Education and Physical Education resources.
- Utilize the NYC DOE Scope and Sequence documents for Health Education and Physical Education, and related tools, to review resources, including curricula.
- Provide reviews on Health Education and Physical Education resources by agreed upon deadlines.
- Participate in quarterly District Wellness Advisory Council meetings, if needed.
- Participate in additional responsibilities as needed.
• November 2019 – June 2020.
• Hours up to, but not limited to, approximately 40 hours.
• Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed. Work schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on funding ability.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by Friday, November 22, 2019 to: WellnessPartnerships@schools.nyc.gov (Subject line: Administrator – Resource Reviewer)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.