PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1490: Teachers (to Develop Science Curriculum and Conduct Science Programming) - ESC
- Posted Date: Mar 4, 2019 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers to Develop Science Curriculum and Conduct Science Programming (multiple positions)
The Genovesi Environmental Study Center
7151 Avenue T
Brooklyn, NY 11234
Regularly licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education K-12 teachers with strong science background.
Preference will be given to applicants that meet the following criteria:
- Satisfactory experience teaching science
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and use instructional technology in technology-rich environment for science instruction
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of national professional development standards
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of the New York State P-12 Science Learning Standards, NYC Science Scope and Sequence, International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards, as well as Common Core Learning Standards
- Commitment to work during agreed upon schedule
- Demonstrated knowledge of biotechnology equipment
- Demonstrated experience developing and facilitating professional development related to science
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team with evidence of sound interpersonal relationships with colleagues
- Evidence of desire to improve pedagogical skill set, sound science knowledge, and classroom application
- Demonstrated qualities of organizational skills and ability to work collaboratively on curriculum projects
- Ability to follow the rules and regulations of the NYC Department of Education
- Serve as turnkey trainer
- Serve as instructor for camps and enrichment programming
- Develop, plan, and implement programming for students and educators in the 2019-20 school year
- Complete all tasks deemed necessary for projects
Various dates and times, including after school, evenings, weekends, school breaks, and summer from July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020. Schedules will be determined by need and availability.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Send cover letter, resume, and Form OP-175 (available in schools and on DHR Website) via email to GESC@schools.nyc.gov. Must put “GESC 2019-20 Per Session Application” in the subject line. Include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application. NO FAXES or MAIL will be accepted.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: GESC@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.