PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 153: Teacher (Career and Technical Education Teacher) - OACE
- Posted Date: May 20, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher(s) of Career and Technical Education (Approximately 25 positions)
Adult Education Schools/Programs throughout the five boroughs
Current New York City Department of Education full time license. CTE Teachers will be needed in the following areas:
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, CompTIA A+ Certification, Nurse Assistant, Medical Billing/ Coding, Web Page Design, Culinary Arts/ Food Preparation, Building Maintenance/ Property Maintenance, Auto Serving: Automotive Mech, Cisco CCNA Certification, Welding, Electrical Installation: Low Volt / Residential / Commercial, OSHA Tutorial, CompTIA Network+ Certification, Digital Technology, Microsoft Office Specialist Certification and CompTIA Security+ Certification
1. Satisfactory, developing or above rating
2. Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality
3. Preference will be given to TABE certified staff or staff willing to become certified and/or trained prior to the beginning of the activity.
• Must attend mandatory PD session prior to September 9, 2019
• Must participate in a minimum of 14 hours of Adult Education training, given by the NYC RAEN or NYC Department of Education, on non-work evenings (to be reimbursed at the Per Session Rate)
• Plan and provide CTE instructional services
• Prepare, maintain and submit records of registration, attendance and student performance
• Administer and score appropriate tests (must be TABE certified)
INSTRUCTIONAL SCHEDULE: September 9, 2019 – June 24, 2020
PD SCHEDULE: September 3, 2019- June 24, 2020 (On a needed basis)
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO APPROXIMATELY TBD HOURS. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Please complete the ONLINE Application at: https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/DPPHiring
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: OACEHR@schools.nyc.gov
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.