PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1532: Teachers (English as a Second Language) - OACE
- Posted Date: Apr 8, 2019 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers of English as a Second Language (approx. 200 positions)
Adult Education sites throughout the five boroughs
NYCDOE Licensed and Appointed Teachers with a valid NY State Certification in the respective content area as listed above
- Satisfactory /developing or higher rating
- Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality
- Preference will be given to Best Plus certified staff or staff willing to become certified prior to the beginning of the activity. To view the training assessment dates please click on the link: http://www.eventbrite.com/o/nyc-regional-adult-education-network-7530947179
- Must attend mandatory PD on June 28, 2019 and July 5, 2019. In addition, one 3 hour session to be held during the week of July 29, 2019.
- Plan and provide instructional English as a second language instruction to adult participants to include HSE Spanish
- Prepare, maintain and submit recordsof registration, attendance and student performance
- Administer and score appropriate tests (must be Best Plus certified)
- Facilitate student trips
- Provide coverage for absent teachers
- Assess students utilizing the Best Plus, Best Literacy, or TASC Readiness tests.
- Complete and submit Adult Education paperwork in a timely manner.
- Facilitate student tutoring activities
- Participate in paperwork day on August 9, 2019 at 9am -12pm.
July 6, 2019 – August 8, 2019 - (Up to maximum 210 hrs.)
9:00AM-1:00PM or 9:00AM-2:00 PM or 9:00PM -3:00PM or 12:00PM-3:00PM or 1:00PM – 4:00PM or 2:30PM-4:30PM or 4:30PM-8:30PM or 5:00PM – 9:00PM or 5:30PM-8:30PM or 5:30PM – 9:00AM or 5:40PM-9:00PM or 6:00PM-9:00PM
5 Days|4 Days| 3 Days| 2Days|1 Day per week
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Please complete the ONLINE Application at: https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/DPPHiring.
NOTE: Application form OP-175 must be submitted if selected for participation in this activity.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail OACEHR@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.