PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1533: Teachers (Occupational Safety and Health Administration Training Instructor) - OACE
- Posted Date: Apr 8, 2019 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Occupational Safety and Health Administration Training Instructor (Approximately 20 positions)
Adult Education Schools/Programs throughout the five boroughs
NYCDOE Licensed and Appointed Teachers with a valid NY State Certification and trained OSHA Instructor.
- Satisfactory /developing or higher rating
- Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to work with school-based staff, students and parents
- Preference will be given to TABE certified staff or staff willing to become certified prior to the beginning of the activity. To view the training assessment dates please click on the link: http://www.eventbrite.com/o/nyc-regional-adult-education-network-7530947179
- Provide OSHA instruction as per the OSHA guidelines at both onsite Adult Learning Centers as well as off-site Adult Education field sites
- Must attend mandatory PD on June 28, 2019 and July 5, 2019. In addition, one 3 hour session to be held during the week of July 29, 2019.
- Work under the direct supervision of the school site supervisor
- Assist administrators, teachers, and/or other school-based staff, as required
- Complete and submit Adult Education paperwork in a timely manner.
- Participate in paperwork day on August 9, 2019 at 9am -12pm.
July 6, 2019 – August 8, 2019 - (Up to maximum 100 hrs.)
9:00AM-1:00PM or 9:00AM-2:00 PM or 9:00PM -3:00PM or 12:00PM-3:00PM or 1:00PM – 4:00PM or 2:30PM-4:30PM or 4:30PM-8:30PM or 5:00PM – 9:00PM or 5:30PM-8:30PM or 5:30PM – 9:00AM or 5:40PM-9:00PM or 6:00PM-9:00PM
5 Days|4 Days| 3 Days| 2Days|1 Day per week.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Please complete the ONLINE Application at: https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/DPPHiring.
NOTE: Application form OP-175 must be submitted if selected for participation in this activity.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail OACEHR@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.