PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1535: Supervisors (Summer Support Supervisor - Adult Education) - OACE
- Posted Date: Apr 8, 2019 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Summer Support Supervisor- Adult Education (approx. 15 positions)
Adult Education Schools/Programs throughout the five boroughs
NYCDOE Licensed Building Supervisor
- Current supervisor with the New York City Department of Education
- Preferred experience as a supervisor in adult programs, and knowledge of NYS Education regulations as they pertain to Adult Education.
- Experience interfacing with other supervisors, teachers, adult students and the general public on adult education.
- Preference will be given to TABE and/or BEST Plus certified staff or staff willing to become certified prior to the beginning of the activity. To view the training assessment dates please click on the link: http://www.eventbrite.com/o/nyc-regional-adult-education-network-7530947179
- Must attend mandatory PD on June 28, 2019 and July 5, 2019. In addition, one 2-hour planning session to be held during the week of July 22, 2019 and one 3 hour session to be held during the week of July 29, 2019.
- Supervise Adult Basic Education, High School Equivalency, English as a Second Language, Trade and Technical and/or Business/Office Skills Training Programs at one or more sites.
- Create and provide and professional development to OACE staff members
- Participate in paperwork day on August 8, 2019 at 9am -12pm
- Oversee student recruitment, registration and testing.
- Ensure that students are supported with High School Equivalency Testing.
- Appraise Principal of all program concerns
- Collaborate with Principal to resolve program-related matters to include compliance.
July 1, 2019 – August 30, 2019 - (Up to maximum 210 hrs.)
9:00AM-1:00PM or 9:00AM-2:00 PM or 9:00PM -3:00PM or 12:00PM-3:00PM or 1:00PM – 4:00PM or 2:30PM-4:30PM or 4:30PM-8:30PM or 5:00PM – 9:00PM or 5:30PM-8:30PM or 5:30PM – 9:00AM or 5:40PM-9:00PM or 6:00PM-9:00PM
5 Days|4 Days| 3 Days| 2Days|1 Day per week
As per the CSA collective bargaining agreement
Please complete the ONLINE Application at: https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/DPPHiring.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail OACEHR@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.