PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1537: Teachers (Career and Technical Education) - OACE
- Posted Date: Apr 8, 2019 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Career and Technical Education- Teachers of Computer Technician, Microsoft Office, Technology-Computer Literacy, Building Maintenance, Carpentry, Electrical Installation, Welding, Automatic, Culinary Arts (approx. 20 positions)
Adult Education Schools/Programs throughout the five boroughs
A current New York City Department of Education teaching license in a CTE subject and/or a valid NY State teaching certification in a CTE related subject.
- Satisfactory /developing or higher rating
- Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality
- Preference will be given to TABE and/or BEST Plus certified staff or staff willing to become certified prior to the beginning of the activity.To view the training assessment dates please click on the link: http://www.eventbrite.com/o/nyc-regional-adult-education-network-7530947179
- Must attend mandatory PD on June 28, 2019 and July 5, 2019. In addition, one 3 hour session to be held during the week of July 28, 2019.
- Plan and provide instructional services in Adult Basic Education, High School Equivalency, and/or Spanish High School Equivalency.
- Prepare, maintain and submit recordsof registration, attendance and student performance
- Administer and score appropriate tests (must be TABE and/or BEST PLUS certified)
- Facilitate student trips
- Facilitate student tutoring activities
- Participate in paperwork day on August 9, 2019 at 9am -12pm.
July 6, 2018 – August 8, 2019 - (Up to maximum 210 hrs.)
8:00AM-9:00AM or 9:00AM-1:00PM or 9:00AM-2:00 PM or 9:00PM -3:00PM or 12:00PM-3:00PM or 1:00PM – 4:00PM or 2:30PM-4:30PM or 4:30PM-8:30PM or 5:00PM – 9:00PM or 5:30PM-8:30PM or 5:30PM – 9:00AM or 5:40PM-9:00PM or 6:00PM-9:00PM
5 Days|4 Days| 3 Days| 2Days|1 Day per week
As per the current contractual per session rate
Please complete the ONLINE Application at: https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/DPPHiring.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail OACEHR@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.