PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1538: Teachers (as Summer Support Teachers) - OACE
- Posted Date: Apr 8, 2019 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Summer Support Teacher (Approximately 50 positions)
Adult Education Schools/Programs throughout the five boroughs
NYCDOE Licensed and Appointed Teachers with a valid NY State Certification in the respective content area as listed above.
- Satisfactory /developing or higher rating
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Preference will be given to TABE and/or BEST Plus certified staff or staff willing to become certified prior to the beginning of the activity. To view the training assessment dates please click on the link: http://www.eventbrite.com/o/nyc-regional-adult-education-network-7530947179
- Must attend mandatory PD on June 28, 2019 and July 5, 2019. In addition, one 3 hour session to be held during the week of July 29, 2019.
- Prepare, maintain and submit recordsof registration, attendance and student performance
- Administer and score appropriate tests (must be TABE and/orBEST PLUS certified)
- Conduct intake for Basic Education, Career and Technical Education and English as a Second Language
- Conduct pre- and post-testing as needed for student data base
- Provide referral to other Adult Learning Centers as needed
- Provide resources and referrals to City agencies as needed
- Assist in the gathering and disseminating students data using a web based data system as required
- Provide necessary documentation to both internal and external agencies as required
- Develop and collaborate on internal and external events to promote school attendance, community outreach, and/or student learning
- Collaborate with teacher in supporting student improvement
- Conduct follow up interviews with students who have left the program
- Facilitate student trips
- Provide coverage for absent teachers
- Administer TASC Readiness test
- Support students with HSE applications
- Provide all of the above at both onsite Adult Learning Centers as well as off-site Adult Education field sites
- Other related activities that pertain to Office of Adult and Continuing Education
- Participate in paperwork day on August 9, 2019 at 9am -12pm.
July 1, 2019 – August 30, 2019 - (Up to maximum 210 hrs.)
9:00AM-1:00PM or 9:00AM-2:00 PM or 9:00PM -3:00PM or 12:00PM-3:00PM or 1:00PM – 4:00PM or 2:30PM-4:30PM or 4:30PM-8:30PM or 5:00PM – 9:00PM or 5:30PM-8:30PM or 5:30PM – 9:00AM or 5:40PM-9:00PM or 6:00PM-9:00PM
5 Days|4 Days| 3 Days| 2Days|1 Day per week
As per the current contractual per session rate
Please complete the ONLINE Application at: https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/DPPHiring.
NOTE: The OP-175 application form must be submitted to the g=hiring manager upon selection for this activity.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail OACEHR@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.