PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 1539: Paraprofessionals (TASC Test Proctors) - TASC
- Posted Date: Apr 8, 2019 Deadline: May 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
TASC Test Proctors – Paraprofessionals (Approximately 10 positions)
Various sites throughout the five boroughs
NYC Department of Education licensed and appointed Paraprofessionals
- Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality
- Preference may be given to current DOE staff previously trained to proctor the TASC test
- Preference will be given to staff who are bilingual, Spanish/English
- Staff CANNOT be involved in supporting instruction in classes leading up to the High School Equivalency.
- Prior experience proctoring TASC tests
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience in MS Office Suite, Window applications, Internet and email
- Ability to remove test booklets from TASC safes – lift up to 20 lbs. on occasion
- Must be proficient in listening, speaking, reading and writing the English language
- Assist Examiners with the TASC test administration
- Follow all written and oral directions provided by the TASC TEST Coordinator/Examiner
- Organize, distribute and collect all test materials as directed by the TASC Examiner
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of testing information
- Support the TASC check-in process
- Ensures testing conditions are met on the day(s) of testing;
- Ensures examinees adhere to all testing protocols
- Assist in monitoring Examinees during a testing session;
- Respond to examinee inquiries for information
- Work with TASC Examiner to have the information/materials to proctor exams in a timely/efficient manner.
- Maintain test security to ensure confidentiality, integrity of test materials, and test procedures
- Maintain a professional and pleasant atmosphere to create an environment for optimal test performance for all examinees.
- Maintain proficiency by attending all mandatory TASC trainings
- Collaborate with the OACE testing office on all testing matters
- May assume other duties as assigned by the TASC Examiner/Coordinator
July 1, 2019 – August 30, 2019 (Up to maximum 400 hours)
9:00AM-1:00PM or 9:00AM-2:00 PM or 9:00PM -3:00PM or 12:00PM-3:00PM or 1:00PM – 4:00PM or 2:30PM-4:30PM or 4:30PM-8:30PM or 5:00PM – 9:00PM or 5:30PM-8:30PM or 5:30PM – 9:00AM or 5:40PM-9:00PM or 6:00PM-9:00PM
5 Days|4 Days| 3 Days| 2Days|1 Day per week
As per the current contractual per session rate
Please complete the ONLINE Application at: https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/DPPHiring.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail OACEHR@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.