PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 156: Teacher (UFT Educational Paraprofessional) - OACE
- Posted Date: May 20, 2019 Deadline: Jun 30, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
UFT EDUCATIONAL PARAPROFESSIONAL (approx. 40 positions)
Adult Education Schools/Programs throughout the five boroughs
Currently employed as a full time UFT Educational Paraprofessional in the New York City Department of Education
1. Satisfactory Rating
2. Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality
3. Demonstrated ability to work with school-based staff, students and parents
4. Preference will be given to TABE and/or BEST Plus certified staff or staff willing to become certified and/or Best
Literacy trained prior to the beginning of the activity.
• Must attend mandatory PD prior to September 9, 2019
• Work under the direct supervision of the school site supervisor
• Assist with student intake activities (must be TABE and/or BEST PLUS certified)
• Maintain daily log of activities, attendance and other pertinent data
• Assist administrators, teachers, and/or other school-based staff, as required
• Assist with attendance procedures, which may include utilizing the ASISTS system and attendance outreach
• Support student assessment and scoring
INSTRUCTIONAL SCHEDULE: September 9, 2019 – June 24, 2020
PD SCHEDULE: September 3, 2019- June 24, 2020 (On a needed basis)
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO APPROXIMATELY TBD HOURS. ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Please complete the ONLINE Application at: https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/DPPHiring
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: OACEHR@schools.nyc.gov
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.