PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 16: Teacher - Implementation Team CHAMPS Leads-Teacher (OSWP)
- Posted Date: Sep 1, 2019 Deadline: Nov 1, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Implementation Team CHAMPS Leads-Teacher (Approximately 5 positions)
Various school sites and athletic venues throughout New York City and Central Office of School Wellness Program locations
-Or- other approved Office of School Wellness Programs Locations
- Licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education teacher
- Experience in planning, implementation, supervision and evaluation of CHAMPS workshops, showcases, and invitationals.
- Experience in collaborating with CHAMPS external partners (Play Rugby USA, Play Study Win, NYRR, AYTTO, Jr. NBA, PSAL, Positive Coaching Alliance, BOKS).
- Knowledge and experience implementing CHAMPS expectations, protocols, and program best practices.
- Must possess current AED/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Must possess current Concussion In Sports certification from the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS).
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within NYCDOE.
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating developmentally appropriate fitness and sports activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures of CHAMPS programs, including the Baseball, Developmental Volleyball, Developmental Basketball, Flag Football, Flag Rugby, Floor Hockey, Netball, Soccer, Softball, Table Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball League
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Assist CHAMPS program development including focus groups and guidance documents
- Organize and coordinate various facets of CHAMPS events, including leagues, showcases and jamborees
- Collaborate with community-based fitness and sports organizations on planning events and student registration
- Perform site visits
- Plan and present coach orientations, workshops and clinics
- Ensure clear communication amongst participating CHAMPS programs
- Assist in event planning logistics, including arranging student transportation and ordering supplies and equipment
- Provide management and support for timesheets and payroll
• October 2019-June 30, 2020
• School days outside of regular work hours as approved
• Non-school days, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays
• Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 300 hours. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager. • Specific hours and schedule are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application and following documents by DATE to: email@example.com (subject: Implementation Team CHAMPS Leads)
• Form OP175 (available in schools & on DHR Website)
• Resume and cover letter
• Copy of NYC Department of Education teacher’s license,
• Copy of current AED/CPR certification from The American Red Cross or American Heart Association
• Copy of current Concussion in Sports certification from the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS).
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.