PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 168: Teacher (Contributor/Facilitator, SWD Compendium) - OASP
- Posted Date: May 20, 2019 Deadline: Dec 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Current and Retired Teachers: Edit materials, develop content, and facilitate professional development(s) for arts teachers in educating students with disabilities in the inclusive arts classroom. Content will be developed from the Arts & Students with Disabilities Resource Compendium. (Approximately 15 positions total)
Meeting Sessions: Various sites throughout Manhattan including, 333 7th Ave, and 4360 Broadway.
Workshop Locations: Throughout New York City, to be determined.
New York City Department of Education licensed teacher of dance, music, theater, visual arts and/or special education. Teacher must have experience teaching arts content.
- Licensed by NYC Department of Education in special education, dance, music, theater and/or visual art. Dual certification in an arts discipline and special education preferred.
- Minimum 2 years satisfactory teaching experience with the NYCDOE.
- Experience educating students with disabilities in the arts classroom.
- Experience with the development and writing of curriculum and educational materials in the arts.
- Thorough knowledge of the Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts: PreK-12 and New York State Standards for the Arts.
- Familiarity with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
- Experience with incorporating accommodations and modifications into daily lesson plans.
- Knowledge/familiarity of resources from the Students with Disabilities Resource Compendium.
- Work with the project manager and a diverse group of educators to organize, plan, develop content and/or facilitate up to 4 (full day) professional developments. Professional developments will educate arts teachers on how to better support students with disabilities in the inclusive arts classroom.
- Maintain regular professional communication via email, phone, and in-person with working groups and project manager.
- Be able to deliver clear concise content to teachers regarding best practices.
- Engage professionally with educators, stakeholders, and cultural organizations.
- Ability to independently prioritize tasks, organize materials, and meet deadlines.
- Utilize technology such as, Google Docs, E-mail, Microsoft Word, and Excel to track materials and data.
August 2019- June 2020; hours to be determined based on following criteria: 4 (full day) workshops, content planning meetings, debrief sessions (up to 50 hours per position).
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by December 31, 2019 to: Office of Arts and Special Projects, Attention: Alexa Fairchild, Manager of Arts for Diverse Learners, 4360 Broadway, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10033.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.