PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 17: SBL/SDL/SAS/SDA - Implementation Team Specialist-Admin (OSWP)
- Posted Date: Sep 1, 2019 Deadline: Nov 1, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Implementation Team Specialist-Admin (1 position)
NYC Department of Education
Office of School Wellness Programs (OSWP)
30-48 Linden Place
Flushing, NY 11354
-Or- other approved Office of School Wellness Programs Locations
- NYC DEPT of Education Administrator, licensed and appointed supervisor (SBL/SDL, SAS, or SDS certificate).
- Experience in planning, implementation, supervision and evaluation of CHAMPS workshops, showcases, and invitationals.
- Experience in creating teacher training programs.
- Experience in collaborating with CHAMPS external partners (Play Rugby USA, Play Study Win, NYRR, AYTTO, Jr. NBA, PSAL, Positive Coaching Alliance, BOKS).
- Knowledge and experience implementing CHAMPS expectations, protocols, and program best practices.
- Must possess current AED/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Must possess current Concussion In Sports certification from the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS).
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within NYCDOE.
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating developmentally appropriate fitness and sports activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures of CHAMPS programs, including the Baseball, Developmental Volleyball, Developmental Basketball, Flag Football, Flag Rugby, Floor Hockey, Netball, Soccer, Softball, Table Tennis, Track & Field, Volleyball League
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Priority given to current Office of School Wellness Programs staff
- Assist CHAMPS program development including focus groups and guidance documents
- Organize and coordinate various facets of CHAMPS events, including leagues, showcases and invitationals
- Collaborate with community-based fitness and sports organizations on planning events and student registration
- Plan and present coach orientations, workshops and clinics
- Assist in event planning logistics, including arranging student transportation, ordering supplies and equipment
- Provide management and support for timesheets and payroll
• October 2019-June 30, 2020
• Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 300 hours. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager. • Specific hours and schedule are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application and following documents by 11/1/19 to: email@example.com (subject: Implementation Team Specialist)
- Form OP175 (available in schools & on DHR Website)
- Resume and cover letter
- Copy of SBL/SDL, SAS, or SDS certificate
- Copy of current AED/CPR certification from The American Red Cross or American Heart Association
- Copy of current CIS certification from the NFHS
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.