PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 172: Teacher - Organizational Team Member for January 2020 NYS Regents Scoring Support (Office of Assessment)
- Posted Date: Oct 24, 2019 Deadline: Nov 22, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers to serve as Organizational Team Members to support scoring of the January 2020 New York State Regents assessments
THIS CIRCULAR CONTAINS NOTICE OF MULTIPLE POSITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SCORING OF THE 2020 JANUARY REGENTS EXAMS. EACH POSITION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A SINGLE REGENTS EXAM. APPLICANTS MAY APPLY FOR ONE OR MORE POSITION(S).
(Subject to Change)
EXPECTED # OF OPENINGS
Organizational Team Member
January 21 – 26
Dates and hours vary depending on scoring site assignment
* Note that dates and hours are subject to change and may vary by scoring site/exam.
Various sites throughout New York City (scoring locations for each exam)
Accepted applicants will be assigned to the scoring site closest to their work location, as permitted by capacity. There will be one or more scoring sites for each exam across all five boroughs.
New York City Department of Education intermediate/high school licensed and currently appointed teachers.
- Applicants with an unsatisfactory or ineffective rating in the 2018-19 or 2017-18 school year are not eligible to be selected for this activity.
- Applicants who have received an unsatisfactory rating for an Office of Assessment per session activity are not eligible to be selected for this activity.
All candidates must:
- Be available to attend the full training and scoring commitment for the particular NYS Regents exam, as indicated in the table above and/or scheduled by the Scoring Site Supervisor. Training or scoring which occurs on school days will start at between 4 and 5:00pm; training or scoring which takes place on weekend dates will start at 8:30am. See THIS LINK for the expected scoring schedule.
- Note: Accepted applicants who are absent from training or scoring, arrive at the scoring site late, fail to apply the NYSED rubric, or use electronic devices during scoring will be released from the assignment.
- Be willing and able to regularly lift and move boxes (up to 30lbs.) and other testing materials/supplies, sometimes up and down stairs.
- Be familiar or have experience with one or more of the following, and must be willing and able to participate in these operations:
- The NYCDOE Regents scanning process, including how to scan answer documents, correct data capture errors, and generate and analyze REDS reports in ATS.
- The Regents distributed scoring process, including the rules and regulations governing scorers and distribution of exams as well as the physical packaging and handling of exams
- General scoring site operations.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WHO:
- Hold and exercise retention rights.
- Have been nominated by a January 2020 Site Supervisor and a (Borough) Assessment Implementation Director to serve as an Organizational Team Member for January 2020 per session scoring.
- Nominations must be submitted directly to Office of Assessment and must be received by 11:59pm on November 22, 2019 to receive consideration.
Organizational team members will:
- Inspect and log exam at the scoring site from receipt until scoring completion.
- Physically move exams to appropriate locations within the scoring site.
- Distribute of exams to scorers according to NYSED policy.
- Track scoring progress.
- Scan answer documents and generating and/or analyze ATS reports to ensure accurate data capture.
- Correct of data captures errors.
- Note: These duties will be assigned at the discretion of the Scoring Site Supervisor. Preference among roles within the team, and the particular nature of the work, is not guaranteed.
Indicated in the table above.
- Note that dates and hours are estimated in the posting, are subject to change, and are not guaranteed.
- In order to maintain continuity and consistency of scoring, applicants must be available for the full expected dates and hours of the activity in order to accept the position.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
All applications must be submitted online at https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/regents. Applicants selected for the positions will be notified via their NYC DOE email. If you have any questions concerning this activity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.