PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 174: Supervisor - Scoring Site Supervisors for January 2020 NYS Regents (Office of Assessment)
- Posted Date: Oct 24, 2019 Deadline: Nov 22, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Supervisors to serve as Scoring Site Supervisors to oversee scoring of January 2020 New York State Regents assessments
THIS CIRCULAR CONTAINS NOTICE OF MULTIPLE POSITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SCORING OF THE 2020 JANUARY REGENTS EXAMS. EACH POSITION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A SINGLE REGENTS EXAM. APPLICANTS MAY APPLY FOR ONE OR MORE POSITION(S).
EXPECTED # OF OPENINGS
Scoring Site Supervisor
January 21 - 26
Dates and hours vary depending on scoring site assignment
* Note that dates and hours are subject to change and may vary by scoring site/exam.
* Dates listed above do not include a mandatory, 3 hour borough-based training session to take place between January 6 and 17 (excluding weekends). The time and location of the training session will be communicated to all selected personnel upon being offered the position. Training location will be in the same borough as assigned site, not the current place of work, and all training takes place during per session hours. Note that dates are subject to change.
Various sites throughout New York City (scoring locations for each exam)
Accepted applicants will be assigned to the scoring site closest to their work location, as permitted by capacity. There will be one or more scoring sites for each exam across all five boroughs.
New York City Department of Education currently appointed EAs, Principals, and Assistant Principals.
- Applicants with an unsatisfactory or ineffective rating in the 2018-19 or 2017-18 school year are not eligible to be selected for this activity.
Applicants who have received an unsatisfactory rating for an Office of Assessment per session activity are not eligible to be selected for this activity.
All candidates must:
- Be available to attend the full training and scoring commitment for the particular NYS Regents exam, as indicated in the table above and/or scheduled by the Scoring Site Supervisor. Training or scoring which occurs on school days will start at between 4 and 5:00pm; training or scoring which takes place on weekend dates will start at 8:30am. See THIS LINK for the expected scoring schedule.
- Note: Accepted applicants who are absent from training or scoring, arrive at the scoring site late, fail to apply the NYSED rubric, or use electronic devices during scoring will be released from the assignment.
- Have experience effectively training and managing personnel.
- Have experience organizing and managing the logistics of large-scale operations.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WHO:
- Have experience overseeing the Regents scoring process, including the organization and training of personnel, scoring policy, data capture and error correction process, and other operations and activities of a scoring site.
- Are familiar with the scoring location, and ability to effectively manage issues related to facilities and access during scoring.
Scoring site supervisors must:
- Manage scoring site and supervise all activities related to scoring.
- Plan facility and equipment arrangements at scoring site in preparation for scoring.
- Attend a borough-based training session
- Arrange for rating guides to be printed (if applicable).
- Plan secure material distribution and collection processes in collaboration with Organizational Team Leader.
- Plan for assignment of scorer numbers and oversee assignment of scorers to rooms and scoring committees.
- Send out a welcome e-mail to scorers apprising them of the parking situation at your school and suggesting places where they can find coffee and/or lunch.
- Collaborate with School Safety to ensure that a procedure is in place that allows scorers to enter the building expeditiously.
- Monitor attendance of Site Management Team and scorers.
- Ensure that all scorers are properly trained and qualified to score.
- Report cases of sensitive responses and suspected cheating through the RSAT.
- Share concerns about a scorer’s behavior with the BAID and principals at the scorer’s school (and OA when necessary).
- Monitor scoring progress and communicate status with OA.
- Ensure all parties sign the NYSED scoring certificate and retain for one year after scoring is complete.
Indicated in the table above.
- Note that dates and hours are estimated in the posting, are subject to change, and are not guaranteed.
- In order to maintain continuity and consistency of scoring, applicants must be available for the full expected dates and hours of the activity in order to accept the position.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
All applications must be submitted online at https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/regents. Applicants selected for the positions will be notified via their NYC DOE email. If you have any questions concerning this activity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.