PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 175: Retired Supervisor - Scoring Site Supervisors for January 2020 NYS Regents (Office of Assessment)
- Posted Date: Oct 24, 2019 Deadline: Nov 22, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Site Supervisors to oversee scoring site operations for the scoring of the January 2020 New York State Regents assessments during normal business hours
THIS CIRCULAR CONTAINS NOTICE OF MULTIPLE POSITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SCORING OF THE 2020 JANUARY REGENTS EXAMS. EACH POSITION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A SINGLE REGENTS EXAM. APPLICANTS MAY APPLY FOR ONE OR MORE POSITION(S).
EXPECTED # OF OPENINGS
Scoring Site Supervisor
January 22-24 plus additional dates for training, planning, site set-up breakdown before and/or after scoring period.
Dates and hours vary depending on scoring site assignment, but may include the following:
* Note that dates and hours are subject to change and may vary by scoring site/exam.
* Dates listed above do not include a mandatory, 3 hour borough-based training session to take place between January 6 and 17 (excluding weekends). The time and location of the training session will be communicated to all selected personnel upon being offered the position. Training location will be in the same borough as assigned site, not the current place of work, and all training takes place during per session hours. Note that dates are subject to change.
*Otherwise, this work is slated to take place during normal business hours and is only available to current retirees who can be available for the entire activity.
Various sites throughout New York City (scoring locations for each exam)
Accepted applicants will be assigned to the scoring site closest to their work location, as permitted by capacity. There will be one or more scoring sites for each exam across all five boroughs.
Retired New York City Department of Education licensed EAs, Principals, and Assistant Principals.
All candidates must:
- Be available to act as the Site Supervisor for the distributed scoring of the NYS Regents assessments during normal business hours (8:30am-3:20pm) on all scoring days required for assigned site.
- Note: Accepted applicants who are absent from training or scoring, arrive at the scoring site late, fail to apply the NYSED rubric, or use electronic devices during scoring will be released from the assignment.
- Be available to attend all training and scoring sessions as indicated in the table above and/or scheduled by the Office of Assessment, and as well as planning session(s) with the active Site Supervisor prior to the start of scoring.
- Have experience effectively training and managing personnel.
- Have experience organizing and managing the logistics of large-scale operations.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WHO:
- Have been nominated by a January 2020 Site Supervisor and a (Borough) Assessment Implementation Director to serve as a Retired Site Supervisor for January 2020 scoring.
- Nominations must be submitted directly to Office of Assessment and must be received by 11:59pm on November 16, 2019 to receive consideration.
- Have experience overseeing the Regents scoring process, including the organization and training of personnel, scoring policy, data capture and error correction process, and other operations and activities of a scoring site.
- Are familiar with the scoring location, and ability to effectively manage issues related to facilities and access during scoring.
- Manage scoring site and supervise all activities related to scoring.
- Plan facility and equipment arrangements at scoring site in preparation for scoring.
- Arrange for rating guides to be printed (if applicable).
- Plan secure material distribution and collection processes in collaboration with Organizational Team Leader.
- Attend a borough-based training session
- Plan for assignment of scorer numbers and oversee assignment of scorers to rooms and scoring committees.
- Send out a welcome e-mail to scorers apprising them of the parking situation at your school and suggesting places where they can find coffee and/or lunch.
- Collaborate with School Safety to ensure that a procedure is in place that allows scorers to enter the building expeditiously.
- Monitor attendance of Site Management Team and scorers.
- Ensure that all scorers are properly trained and qualified to score.
- Report cases of sensitive responses and suspected cheating through the RSAT.
- Share concerns about a scorer’s behavior with the BAID and principals at the scorer’s school (and OA when necessary).
- Monitor scoring progress and communicate status with OA.
- Ensure all parties sign the NYSED scoring certificate and retain for one year after scoring is complete.
Indicated in the table above.
- Note that dates and hours are estimated in the posting, are subject to change, and are not guaranteed.
- In order to maintain continuity and consistency of scoring, applicants must be available for the full expected dates and hours of the activity in order to accept the position.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
All applications must be submitted online at https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/regents. Applicants selected for the positions will be notified via their NYC DOE email. If you have any questions concerning this activity, please email email@example.com.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.