PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 179: Supervisor - ATS Specialists for January 2020 NYS Regents (Office of Assessment)
- Posted Date: Oct 24, 2019 Deadline: Nov 22, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Supervisors to serve as ATS Specialists to support scoring of the January 2020 New York State Regents assessments
THIS CIRCULAR CONTAINS NOTICE OF MULTIPLE POSITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SCORING OF THE 2020 JANUARY REGENTS EXAMS. EACH POSITION IS ASSOCIATED WITH A SINGLE REGENTS EXAM. APPLICANTS MAY APPLY FOR ONE OR MORE POSITION(S).
EXPECTED # OF OPENINGS
Organizational Team Lead
Dates and hours vary, depending on exam assignment
* Note that dates and hours are subject to change and may vary by scoring site/exam.
* Dates listed above do not include a mandatory, 3 hour borough-based training session to take place between January 6 and 17 (excluding weekends). The time and location of the training session will be communicated to all selected personnel upon being offered the position. Training location will be in the same borough as assigned site, not the current place of work, and all training takes place during per session hours. Note that dates are subject to change.
Various sites throughout New York City (scoring locations for each exam)
Accepted applicants will be assigned to the scoring site closest to their work location, as permitted by capacity. There will be one or more scoring sites for each exam across all five boroughs.
New York City Department of Education currently appointed EAs, Principals, and Assistant Principals.
- Applicants with an unsatisfactory or ineffective rating in the 2018-19 or 2017-18 school year are not eligible to be selected for this activity.
- Applicants who have received an unsatisfactory rating for an Office of Assessment per session activity are not eligible to be selected for this activity.
All candidates must:
- Be available to attend the full training and scoring commitment for the particular NYS Regents exam, as indicated in the table above and/or scheduled by the Scoring Site Supervisor. Training or scoring which occurs on school days will start at between 4 and 5:00pm; training or scoring which takes place on weekend dates will start at 8:30am. See THIS LINK for the expected scoring schedule.
- Note: Accepted applicants who are absent from training or scoring, arrive at the scoring site late, fail to apply the NYSED rubric, or use electronic devices during scoring will be released from the assignment.
- Be familiar with the following:
- The NYCDOE Regents scanning process, including how to scan answer documents, correct data capture errors, and generate and analyze REDS and related reports in ATS.
- The Regents distributed scoring process, including the rules and regulations governing scorers and distribution of exams as well as the physical packaging and handling of exams.
- General scoring site operations.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and the ability to work well in groups.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WHO:
- Have been appointed to the ATS Specialist role during June 2018 day scoring.
- Have been nominated by a January 2020 Site Supervisor and a (Borough) Assessment Implementation Director to serve as an ATS Specialist for January 2020 per session scoring.
- Nominations must be submitted directly to Office of Assessment and must be received by 11:59pm on November 22, 2019 to receive consideration.
- Hold an active ATS account; applicants who are designated as “Program Chair” in STARS.
- Are familiar with the scoring location, and ability to effectively manage issues related to facilities and access during scoring.
ATS Specialists will:
- Attend a borough-based training session and a planning session outside of scoring hours.
- Inspect and log answer documents from receipt until scanning completion.
- Scan answer documents into MFP Scanners.
- Generate and analyze ATS reports to ensure accurate data capture.
- Print/reprint answer documents and Rating and Record Sheet when requested.
- Work with Organizational Team Lead to follow up regarding data capture issues and correct them once relevant information is received.
- Monitor scanning progress and provide updates to the Site Supervisor and the Office of Assessment.
Indicated in the table above.
- Note that dates and hours are estimated in the posting, are subject to change, and are not guaranteed.
- In order to maintain continuity and consistency of scoring, applicants must be available for the full expected dates and hours of the activity in order to accept the position.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
All applications must be submitted online at https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/regents. Applicants selected for the positions will be notified via their NYC DOE email. If you have any questions concerning this activity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.