PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 182: Payroll Secretary - Assessment Programs Per Session Payroll Timekeeping (Office of Assessment)
- Posted Date: Oct 24, 2019 Deadline: Nov 22, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Assessment Programs Per Session Payroll Timekeeping
Approximately 10 positions
44-36 Vernon Boulevard, Long Island City, NY
Licensed NYCDOE Payroll Secretary
- At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE
- Currently working or retired from the NYCDOE as a licensed DOE payroll secretary
- Well versed with Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 and NYDOE Per Session timekeeping , trained and authorized to enter payroll.
- Available to work weekdays and weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) beginning January/2019
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, for staff attendance and appointment scheduling/rescheduling
- Record of satisfactory work performance, attendance and punctuality
- Letter of recommendation from current or recent supervisor, which includes demonstrated ability to work well with families and young children
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
Ability to perform office tasks, including scanning, photocopying and emailing
- Work under the direct supervision of the OA Budget Manager and respective Program Manager
- Assist in the collection, organizing and review of timesheets for citywide per session activities and enter per session payroll in the T Bank Per Session Payroll system.
- Assist finding resolutions to per session workers’ inability to be paid (i.e. entering of waivers, following up on nominations, flagging budget related issues, etc.)
- Monitor the Office of Assessment per session inbox, track and respond to pertinent inquiries
Various dates and times, weekdays and weekends, beginning December 1, 2019 through February 14, 2020.
HOURS UP TO, BUT NOT LIMITED TO APPROXIMATELY 80 HOURS.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Email application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by November 30, 2019 to: OAPerSession@schools.nyc.gov
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail OAPerSession@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.