PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 185: Teacher - History by Design Curator Crew Co-Leader in Selected Middle Schools (CIPL)
- Posted Date: Nov 4, 2019 Deadline: Dec 4, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
History by Design Curator Crew Co-Leader in Selected Middle Schools
Various locations citywide
Regularly appointed New York City Department of Education teacher working at one of the specified History by Design middle schools in SY2019-20
Preference will be given to applicants that fulfill the following criteria:
• Principal recommendation
• Satisfactory experience facilitating school activities; e.g., clubs, after-school tutoring, etc.
• Willingness to lead students in hand-on research projects
• Excellent strategic thinking, organizational, written, verbal and presentation skills
• Strong collaboration skills demonstrated through the ability to work as part of a team
• Demonstrated qualities of organizational and program management skills
• Evidence of sound interpersonal relationships with colleagues and/or professional partners
• Commitment to work during agreed upon schedule
• Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
Serve as a point of contact for school and collaborate with the History by Design program manager and cultural institution partners to plan, support, and implement History by Design by:
• Manage all logistics of running weekly after-school club meetings such as confirming a location to hold the club, choosing a consistent day/time to meet, and communicating participation expectations to students and parents
• Attend all four full day professional learning sessions
• Identify goals for each club meeting and ensure that each session supports students in engaging in research and creating their final exhibit
• Recruit up to 15-25 interested, motivated, and responsible 6th, 7th,and/or 8th grade students to participate in the program
• Encourage students’ participation and commitment towards program completion
• Lead students’ preparation for and presentation at the Culminating Exhibition in May 2020
• Monitor and track student attendance
• Regularly communicate updates, challenges, and successes of the Curator Crew after-school club to the History by Design program manager
• Ensure that NYC DOE after-school program and field trip guidelines and policies are followed
• Submit legible timesheets on time and in the format requested by the program office
• Complete all tasks deemed necessary for the program
• Other duties as needed
Various dates and times, including after-school and evenings; November 2019 through May 2020. Schedules will be determined at the school level.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Email resume and Form OP-175 (available in schools and on NYC DOE Division of Human Resources webpage) by December 4, 2019 to HistorybyDesign@schools.nyc.gov. Must put “HBD Per Session 2019-20” in the subject line and include the above per session vacancy circular number in the body of your email. NO FAXES or MAIL will be accepted.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail HistorybyDesign@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.