PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 19: Teacher - School Wellness Council Coordinator (OSWP)
- Posted Date: Sep 1, 2019 Deadline: Nov 1, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
School Wellness Council Coordinators – Teachers
NYC Department of Education
Office of School Wellness Programs (OSWP)
335 Adams Street, 5th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201
-Or- other approved Office of School Wellness Programs Locations
Licensed and appointed physical education, health education, or other subject certified teacher.
• At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within NYCDOE.
• Knowledge and practical experience sustaining a successful School Wellness Council
• Demonstrate effective leadership at systematically prioritizing health and wellness as cornerstones of school culture, including establishing goals, programs, and policies.
• Knowledge and practical experience with the programs and services offered by the Office of School Wellness Programs, including collaboration with PE and HE Instructional teams, CHAMPS, Curriculum, Training and Events team Operations teams.
• Knowledge and proficiency using the School Wellness Portal and School Wellness Hub as well as familiarity with PE Action Plans, and Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model.
• Teachers certified in subjects other than health and physical education should have experience developing resources and/or professional development to incorporate core curriculum learning standards, and some experience with health and/or physical education.
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and/or Access.
• Basic knowledge of HTML or web design a plus.
• Priority given to current Office of School Wellness Programs staff
• Preference given to former School Wellness Council Champions and School Wellness Council Mentors.
• Experience developing Individual Education Plans and modifying instruction for students in special populations
• Knowledge of professional learning communities.
• Help prepare 2019-20 plan for professional development opportunities.
• Create plans and identify resources for 2019-20 initiatives.
• Create training designs and related materials to support curriculum implementation and scope and sequence.
• Review and analyze 2018-19 professional development and program evaluation/data and feedback.
• Collaborate with select health, physical, and/or wellness education organizations.
• Assist with curriculum and resource review.
• October 2019-June 30, 2020
• Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 300 hours. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager. • Specific hours and schedule are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by 11/1/19 to: email@example.com (subject: School Wellness Coordinator)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.