PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 206: Supervisor - DREAM Site Supervisor (Specialized High School Institute and DREAM Intensive)
- Posted Date: Nov 8, 2019 Deadline: Dec 31, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Determination, Resiliency, Enthusiasm, Ambition and Motivation
The Specialized High School Institute and DREAM Intensive
The DREAM SHSI and DREAM Intensive is an extracurricular program of rigorous coursework designed to assist eligible 8th grade students in preparing for the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT). DREAM coursework emphasizes learning ELA and math strategies needed on the SHSAT, solving problems under timed conditions, and practice with SHSAT questions.
Various locations citywide (see table below)
DREAM SITE #: Districts Served
1: D1, 2
2: D3, 6
21: D16, 32
Open to currently licensed and appointed NYCDOE Assistant Principal or retired NYCDOE Principal,
Assistant Principal, or Education Administrator.
- Demonstrated dedication to equity, making sure that all students receive the support they need to achieve a common standard
- Experience with middle school students and knowledge of the high school application process
- An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the complex emotional, social and academic needs of middle school students
- Proven track record of using culturally responsive strategies when working with students and families
- A demonstrated ability to motivate, stimulate and challenge all students to achieve a high level of performance through rigorous academic standards
- Experience with observing teachers and giving verbal and written feedback based on a framework
- Successful experience with coaching staff to be responsive and supportive of all students’ needs
- Ability to promote and ensure a positive DREAM experience for all students and staff
- Experience with implementing positive behavior supports
- Excellent communication skills
- Documented record of excellent attendance and punctuality
- Experience using ATSSUM
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Previous satisfactory experience as a Test Coordinator is preferred
- Previous satisfactory experience supervising advanced level classes on the middle school, junior high school, or high school level preferred
- If applicable, satisfactory ratings from September 1, 2017 through June 30, 2019
- Work closely with Central DREAM team to implement all aspects of DREAM – SHSI.
- Organize and supervise all aspects of the DREAM program at your site, including but not limited to:
- Supervising all DREAM staff, including teachers, guidance counselors, student workers, and any other support staff
- Prepare and submit weekly data reports via an online survey
- Ensure the completion of progress reports for each student
- Maintain a log of observations and a file of formal written observations
- Rate teachers at the end of the summer session
- Liaise with the SHSAT practice test vendor, as needed
- Provide teachers with regular verbal and written formative feedback, as based on a framework
- Facilitate and lead orientation sessions for students and families
- Facilitate parent meetings and/or workshops that meet the needs of DREAM families.
- Provide for student and faculty programming and organization, including the academic, guidance/advisory, enrichment, and mentoring components of the program
- Respond, in a timely manner, to student, parent, and staff inquiries
- Implement a progressive ladder of discipline
- Liaise with the Office of Pupil Transportation, Office of School Food, and other relevant NYCDOE offices to meet the needs of all students.
- Maintain a positive relationship with other administrators at the host school
- Prepare and submit all required reports to the Central DREAM team
- Maintain accurate attendance rosters of program participants using ATSSUM
- Attend and assist with citywide staff orientation and professional development
- Attend all required meetings
Professional Learning: Saturday, January 11th, 8:30am-1:00pm
Instructional Days: 13-14 Saturdays beginning February 1 and ending June 6 or 13
Mandated Instructional Hours: 8:00 am – 1:30pm
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Submit a Per Session OP-75 application, cover letter (please indicate no more than three preferred location(s) in the cover letter) and resume, letter of to DREAMHiring@schools.nyc.gov with subject line “DREAM – Site Supervisor Position”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail DREAMHiring@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.