PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 208: CSA Titles, multiple - Committees on Special Education 1-10 and Districts 1-32 (Division of Specialized Instruction and Student Support)
- Posted Date: Nov 7, 2019 Deadline: Dec 6, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Student Enrollment Officers, CSE Pre-School Administrators, Supervisors Of School Psychologists, Supervisors Of Speech Improvement, Senior Network Team Special Service Manager/Instruction, Specialist Special Education (EA)
The assessment activity may be conducted at various sites where students are awaiting assessment and/or CSE reviews. Sites may change during the course of the activity.
NYCDOE employees licensed and appointed in one of the areas listed above are eligible to apply.
Selection will include:
• Satisfactory rating and satisfactory attendance throughout the school year;
• Demonstrated ability to develop, coordinate and supervise program and staff;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with parents, advocates, agencies and staff;
• Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures Manual, Continuum of Services, Regulations of the Commissioner
• Knowledge of Chancellor's Regulations, Jose P. issues, and UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement regarding selection of per session staff.
• Organization and supervision of per-session activity including;
• Selection and scheduling of staff,
• Scheduling of student assessments and CSE Reviews/IEP Meetings;
• Review of all assessment reports including but not limited to Social History, Psycho-Educational and Speech/Language Evaluation Reports;
• Coordinate completed assessments/reports to schools.
As needed during the School year 2019 2020 based on funding availability
School Year 2019-20:
Session A: Three hours on Tuesday through Friday between 4:00PM and 7:00PM
Session B: Five hours on Saturdays and/or Sundays between 8:30AM and 1:30PM with no lunch period
Session C: Winter Recess between 8:30AM and 1:30PM with no lunch period
Session D: Mid-Winter Recess between 8:30AM and 1:30PM with no lunch period
Session E: Spring Recess between 8:30AM and 1:30PM with no lunch period
*Note: Student Enrollment Officers and Pre-School Administrators may not be employed in this per session activity if they are scheduled to work in their regular daytime employment on the official Department calendar.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Applications must be entered on-line by 12/6/19. Applications may be entered online via the web 24 hours per day/ 7 days per week at:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XjSK_folegHL4o37x-mHb2g-dFc7YvhSIwUq547Q0J0/edit
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.