PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 288: School Psychologists (bilingual/monolingual) - SEO
- Posted Date: May 22, 2019 Deadline: Jun 20, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
School Psychologists (bilingual/monolingual)
The assessment activities may be conducted at various sites throughout the NYC. These sites may be NYC schools or other student activities over the summer where students are awaiting assessments and/or reviews. Sites may change during the course of the activity.
- NYCDOE employees licensed and Appointed in one of the areas listed above.
- Candidate must possess a valid NYC DOE license and/or certification.
- Candidate trained in conducting AUTISM DIAGNOSITC OBSERVATION SCHEDULE (ADOS) assessments.
- Candidate must have experience successfully working with students with autism including conducting AUTISM DIAGNOSITC OBSERVATION SCHEDULE (ADOS) assessments independently.
Selection will include a satisfactory rating and satisfactory attendance throughout the school year, seniority and work sharing for UFT staff.
- Effective/satisfactory rating of performance for a minimum of three years.
- Demonstrated successful experience working with students with autism.
- Satisfactory evaluation based upon a personal interview by supervisory personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to work within program guidelines.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience and/or demonstrated willingness and ability to work collaboratively with families, school and central staff.
- Self-starter with strong intellectual skills and strong attention to detail.
- Priority given to those with prior experience or currently working in ASD Programs.
- Appropriately trained, including experience and expertise conducting AUTISM DIAGNOSITC OBSERVATION SCHEDULE (ADOS) evaluations for students entering an ASD program independently.
Under the direction of the Director, and in close partnership with the Central ASD Borough Managers, candidate will conduct AUTISM DIAGNOSITC OBSERVATION SCHEDULE (ADOS), interpret AUTISM DIAGNOSITC OBSERVATION SCHEDULE (ADOS) and document results including writing a report and submitting the report within five (5) business days of conducting the evaluation. Candidate will be available to make edits to report timely, if needed. The candidate will collaborate with the Central ASD Team, school staff, and families to schedule the AUTISM DIAGNOSITC OBSERVATION SCHEDULE (ADOS), conduct the AUTISM DIAGNOSITC OBSERVATION SCHEDULE (ADOS) and complete the report timely, including providing copy to the Director of ASD Programs. The candidate may be required to review additional materials, the IEP, and other testing in the course of preparing the AUTISM DIAGNOSITC OBSERVATION SCHEDULE (ADOS) and/or subsequent report.
Per session activity to include five hours to conduct the AUTISM DIAGNOSITC OBSERVATION SCHEDULE (ADOS) and write the report, including edits. The activity can take place Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm, June 27, 2019 through August 30, 2019.
Per Session rates as per the UFT Collective Bargaining Agreement. Contingent Upon Funding Availability. (UFT or relevant Union/Organization).
Please email OP-175 application, cover letter and resume to Kate Dolan Cheney (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your school’s DBN, your name and title in the Subject Line (i.e., District\Borough\School Number – i.e. 01M001 – Mary Jones, Teacher).
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail: Kate Dolan Cheney, email@example.com.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.