PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 235: Supervisor - NYS Regents & ELA/Math Exam Administration Monitors (Division of Teaching and Learning)
- Posted Date: Nov 18, 2019 Deadline: Dec 20, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Monitors to observe test administration operations at schools during the New York State Regents and/or 3-8 ELA/Math Examinations
(Approximately 15 positions)
Various sites throughout the City
Retired New York City Department of Education licensed supervisors
• Available to monitor Regents and 3-8 ELA/Math exams on selected days throughout the school year;
• Available to attend periodic webinar trainings (dates and times to be announced).
• Familiarity with New York State and DOE test security protocols.
• Previous experience monitoring, administering or scoring NYS Regents or 3-8 ELA/Math exams preferred.
• Demonstrated qualities of organizational and communication skills.
• Availability for the dates indicated in the work schedule below.
• Excellent record of attendance.
• Satisfactory letter of application, which includes your qualifications
PLEASE INCLUDE A SENTENCE REGARDING SATISFACTORY RATINGS IN PRIOR YEARS SUCH AS: At least three (3) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
• Able to review documentation/webinar and apply information to monitoring visit(s).
• Able to monitor test procedures and record observations on provided Test Monitoring Form.
• Responsible for collecting hard copy documentation and following up with school staff when observation is not sufficient.
• Responsible for reporting observed testing improprieties and irregularities to the Office of Assessment.
• Responsible for submitting Test Monitoring Form(s) and supporting documentation to the Office of Assessment; available to respond to follow-up questions.
• Additional Responsibilities as needed
Monitor up to 5 hours per day for each assignment; assignments may begin as early as 7am and end as late as 5 pm; Up to 55 hours (not guaranteed) as follows:
• January 2020 Regents: January 21st-24th, 2020; includes a one hour training webinar beforehand - date and time to be announced.
• Spring 2020 Grades 3-8 ELA/Math testing: March 26th-27th 2020; April 22nd-23rd 2020; includes a one-hour training webinar beforehand - date and time to be announced.
• June 2020 Regents: June 2nd 2020; June 17th-25th 2020; includes a one hour training webinar beforehand - date and time to be announced.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send Letter of Application which includes your qualifications for the position, resume, a copy of your appropriate license, OP175 (available at the Division of Human Resources web site under "Per Session Opportunities”) by close of business December 20th 2019 to:
Attention: Keela Gittens
New York City Department of Education
Division of Teaching and Learning
44-36 Vernon Boulevard, Room 211
Long Island City, NY 11101
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail KGittens2@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.