PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 238: Teacher - Civics Week Student Voter Registration Coordinator (Civics for All)
- Posted Date: Dec 3, 2019 Deadline: Feb 28, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Civics Week Student Voter Registration Coordinator
(Approximately 400 positions)
Various NYCDOE High Schools
- Regularly licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education high school teachers and administrators.
- Effective or highly effective rating for past year.
- Satisfactory record of time and attendance for past year.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with, and receive and act upon feedback from supervisors and colleagues.
- Applicants will be asked to complete the following steps:
- Complete a written application (OP‐175 form, available in schools and on DHR Website).
- Have their Principal’s recommendation for the position.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
• Enthusiasm for organizing and implementing civic engagement activities for students.
• Prior experience coordinating school-based student voter registration drives.
• Demonstrated commitment to meeting deadlines.
• Prior school-wide program implementations.
• Effective written communication, organizational, and computer literacy skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to expanding opportunities in civics for students
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
• Proven capacity for following directions and follow-through for completing tasks on time.
- Facilitate the Spring 2020 Student Voter Registration Drive that will take place during the DOE’s Civics Week from March 2 – 6, 2020. Student Voter Registration Drive activities include:
- distributing forms and providing instructions for facilitating student completion of forms to 16 through 18 year old students;
- collecting and organizing voter registration forms;
- submitting a count for the number of voter registration forms collected; and
- packing completed forms for pick-up by DOE courier service.
- coordinating Civics for All Week activities for students.
Various dates and times after school up to 5 hours total. Schedules will be determined by need and availability.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Submit cover letter, resume, and Form OP‐175 form (available in schools and on DHR Website), by February 28, 2020 via email to: CivicsforAll@schools.nyc.gov. Please put “Civics for All Week Student Voter Registration Coordinator 2020” in the subject line. Include the above per session vacancy circular number in your letter of application.
If you have any questions, please e‐mail CivicsforAll@schools.nyc.gov.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement e-mail to: CivicsforAll@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.