PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 239: Teachers (Teacher In Charge) - OFNS
- Posted Date: Apr 1, 2019 Deadline: May 22, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher In Charge (Approximately 500 positions)
All assignments are to the Breakfast and Lunch program in the five boroughs.
Active full-time service as a licensed New York City Department of Education teacher or retired teachers with retention rights to this position
CPR/AED Certification preferred
Knowledge and satisfactory experience overseeing Summer Breakfast and Lunch preferred
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with local and federal regulations regarding Summer Breakfast and lunch Program
- Maintains accurate records, i.e. timekeeping, payroll and meal count
- Physically active in cleaning, maintaining and providing a clean/wholesome cafeteria environment.
- Demonstrates effective communication with all school personnel and the community
- Providing assistance, instruction and supervision to any staff when needed
- Mentoring Student Apprentice Workers
- Assuring that attire meets Program/Health Code Regulations
- Full commitment to entire duration of accepted position
Four hours per day (Days to be determined)
Program dates are June 27 – August 30, 2019. A session will consist of approximately 20 days. Applicants will be notified of session dates at time of position placement.
Breakfast service: 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Lunch service: 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
NOTE: TIME MAY BE MODIFIED DEPENDING ON A SCHOOL’S SUMMER SCHEDULE
As per Collective Bargaining Agreement
To apply, please visit:Teacher and Aide Summer Breakfast and Lunch Application to Work
- All applications and supporting documents must be received by: May 10, 2019.
- Returning applicants please sign in with last name and EIS number confirm/edit all existing information and click submit
- New applicants – complete entire application and click submit by May 10, 2019
NOTE: Be advised that application form OP-175, must also be submitted upon selection for participation for this activity.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail Lburke@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.