PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 248: Teacher - CHAMPS Middle School Volleyball League Site Supervisor (OSWP)
- Posted Date: Dec 6, 2019 Deadline: Feb 1, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
CHAMPS Middle School Volleyball League Site Supervisor (approximately 10 positions)
Various school sites and athletic venues throughout New York City
- Licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education teacher
- Must possess current AED/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Must possess current NFHS: Concussion In Sports certification from the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS).
- Prior experience as a CHAMPS MSVL Site Supervisor
- Demonstrated knowledge of Volleyball rules and regulations, procedures of the CHAMPS Middle School Volleyball League program
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Supervise the MSVL program
- Distribute uniforms, metro cards
- Share MSVL materials and information with CHAMPS MSVL coaches
- Ensure clear communication with CHAMPS MSVL Commissioner and event support staff
- Communicate weekly with MSVL coaches and referees
- Secure facilities permit with the custodian
- Provide a safe and clean environment for participating teams and spectators
- Process referee timesheets and payroll
- Provide support to the CHAMPS MSVL Commissioner as needed
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- January 2, 2020– March 21, 2020 (School days outside of regular work hours as approved)
- Non-school days, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, up to maximum hours
- Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 400 hours. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Applicants must submit the following documents by February 1, 2020 to:
Office of School Wellness Programs
Attn: CHAMPS Middle School Volleyball League Site Supervisor – Vacancy # 248
30-48 Linden Place – Room 309
Flushing, NY 11354
Email to: CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov
(Subject: Middle School Volleyball League Site Supervisor – Vacancy # 248)
- Form OP175 (available in schools & on DHR Website)
- Resume and cover letter,
- Copy of NYC Department of Education teacher’s license,
- Copy of current AED/CPR certification from The American Red Cross or American Heart Association,
- Copy of current CIS certification from the NFHS.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have questions concerning this advertisement e-mail to: CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.