PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 272: Teacher - Boys Lacrosse Commissioner (PSAL)
- Posted Date: Dec 13, 2019 Deadline: Jan 23, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
PSAL Boys Lacrosse Commissioner (1 position)
44-36 Vernon Boulevard, LIC, NY and sites throughout the five (5) boroughs
Valid New York City Department of Education license as a teacher
Demonstrated ability in coaching, teaching and/or officiating Boys Lacrosse. Thorough knowledge of the interscholastic rules of Boys Lacrosse, good organization, administrative skill and proficient in e-mail communication.
The Commissioner of Boys Lacrosse serves under the direction of the Executive Director of the PSAL and is responsible for the organization, administration and implementation of the Lacrosse Program.
Duties include working with PSAL staff to:
• Organize, administer, coordinate and oversee the activities and actions of Lacrosse coaches
• Implement policies, rules and regulations pertaining to PSAL Lacrosse
• Assist in assigning, rating and recruiting officials
• Organize, administer and supervise championship events
• Plan, develop and administer special Lacrosse programs and/or events
• Perform site and program visits as required
• Administer and conduct training and orientation workshops for coaches and student-athletes
• Develop a 3-5 year plan on growth and development of the sport
• Establish and maintain liaison with allied athletic associations with interscholastic athletics
• Act as liaison between CityLax and the PSAL
• Report to the Sport Coordinator of the PSAL on the status of rules and recommend rule changes
• Responsible for the completion of the End of Season Commissioner’s Review report.
Monday through Saturday and occasional Sundays as required by scheduled events during Lacrosse season, varied hours: March 2020 through June 2020. Hours are approximately 150.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Forward OP-175 application, cover letter and resume by January 15, 2020 to PSAL, 44-36 Vernon Boulevard, LIC, NY 11101. Questions concerning this advertisement should be directed to email@example.com.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.