PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 275: Teacher - Special Olympics Events Coordinator (OSWP)
- Posted Date: Dec 10, 2019 Deadline: Jan 25, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Special Olympics Events Coordinators (TEACHER: up to 4 Positions)
Work location TBD in partnership with OSWP in addition to travel to events outside the city
- Licensed, appointed and tenured New York City Department of Education Physical Education Teacher
- Must possess current AED/CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association
- Must possess proof of completion of the NFHS Concussion Management course
- Strong communication skills and organizational skills
- Ability to relate in a positive manner to students, parents and faculty
- Ability to work collaboratively with other committee members, OSWP staff and Special Olympics Employees and volunteers
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Proficient with electronic record keeping, Excel and Outlook
- Liaise between Special Olympics New York Inc. and NYC Department of Education/Office of School Wellness Programs
- Manage communication and outreach to schools to identify eligible student athletes and improve equitable access to Special Olympics activities and events
- Develop, prepare and review documents required for participation in Special Olympics organized events
- Follow up with schools, teachers and families to obtain outstanding documents
- Perform all related activities required for successful student participation in Special Olympics Sponsored events
- Provide supervision and oversight of participants including travel to and from events
- Manage equipment/supplies needed for all events including transportation of and lifting equipment/supplies
- Additional responsibilities as needed
December 2019 – June 24, 2020
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 4:00 – 6:00 pm in addition to various events throughout the year
Up to 150 hours per position subject to budget availability. Specific hours and schedules not guaranteed.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application: OP175, copy of your teaching certification, resume and cover letter by 1/25/20 to:
APE@schools.nyc.gov Subject line, “Special Olympics Events Coordinators”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail APE@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.