PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 277: Teacher - Bronx Early Hiring Teacher Recruiter (Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality)
- Posted Date: Dec 10, 2019 Deadline: Feb 15, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
TITLE SOUGHT: TEACHER
NAME OF POSITION: BRONX EARLY HIRING TEACHER RECRUITER (BEHTR)
NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: Up to 225
Various locations, including Bronx and Bronx Plan school(s), networking event venue locations, and training location(s).
New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) licensed and appointed teacher with 2+ year(s) full time classroom experience
- At least two (2) years of satisfactory (Highly Effective/Effective) experience within the NYCDOE.
- Passionate, reflective, and collaborative educator who has a positive impact on student learning.
- Desire to inspire outstanding teacher candidates to teach for their school and act as a school ambassador.
- Effective and engaging communicator. Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and follow-up skills.
- Ability to articulate experiences as a NYC public school teacher and the culture of her/his school in a compelling way.
- Ability to clearly share information about the application and hiring processes.
- Must have strong computer skills, including comfort with using Google Classroom, social media and learning new technologies.
- BUILD A CANDIDATE POOL
- Commit to serving as a Bronx Early Hiring Teacher Recruiter from March 1 – June 30 (with possible additional work in Summer 2020).
- Work closely with school Principal and the Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality (TRQ) to determine school hiring needs and identify potential candidates to interview.
- Create a structured plan for teacher recruitment under the guidance of the school Principal and TRQ.
- Manage school tours, utilize social media, and attend virtual recruitment events and/or in-person events to attract the best possible applicants.
- Screen applicants and create a pool to interview.
- PARTICIPATE IN TRAINING AND ASSIGNMENTS
- Using Google Classroom, participate in training webinars and access resources and tools for hiring.
- Prepare assignments and deliverables. Participate in online discussions about the hiring process.
- COORDINATE NEW TEACHER SELECTION PROCESS
- Conduct phone and in-person interviews. Work with school’s Hiring Team to identify one early hire by June 1.
- Fill-out a weekly log to provide status updates and to assess progress toward specific goals.
- ENGAGE CANDIDATES AND SCHOOL COMMUNITY
- Develop collaborative relationships and serve as an ambassador and voice of your school community.
- Understand the candidate pipeline and facilitate a strong new hire experience.
- Help craft messages that reflects the culture of your school.
- POST NEW TEACHER HIRE
- Communicate with new hire(s) to ensure they stay connected through the onboarding process.
- Participate in an exit interview and/or survey upon completion of role.
- Additional per session hours may be available June 1-August 30 to assist with onboarding an early hire.
o Attend at least one recruitment event with TRQ.
o March 1 – June 30. Various dates and times. Schedule will be determined by need and availability. Hours up to, but not limited to 5-10 hours/month. Recruiters may work up to 25 hours total through June 30. Additional per session hours may be available June 1-August 30 to assist with onboarding an early hire and based on funding. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
• Complete online application HERE (be prepared to upload a resume and principal recommendation).
• All accepted candidates will be required to submit the OP 175 Form by email prior to the start of training.
• Former BEHTRs are welcome to apply.
• Questions about this advertisement can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Bronx Early Hiring Teacher Recruiter Application.”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.