PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 278: Supervisor, Teacher, Guidance Counselor, Social Worker, and Paraprofessional - Restorative Trainer-Curriculum Team (OSYD)
- Posted Date: Dec 10, 2019 Deadline: Jan 25, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Restorative Trainer (Up to 20 positions)
Various DOE locations throughout the NYC
● Licensed and appointed Supervisors, Teachers, Guidance Counselors, Social Workers and ParaProfessionals
● Successful completion of Restorative Practices Tier 1 and Tier 2 Training
● Actively working as a Restorative Practitioner in a NYC DOE School
● Can demonstrate a depth of experience as a school based Restorative Practitioner in the NYC DOE
● Demonstrated knowledge of pedagogical best practices and had developed a Restorative/ Transformative Justice best practice tool or artifact.
● Ability to successfully work in collaboration with other pedagogical staff
● Demonstrated prior training/professional development in social emotional learning and/or student leadership programming and/or equity and access work.
● Excellent organizational skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Fluency in Google Drive
● Work collaboratively with Restorative Practices directors and members of the curriculum team to document and develop practices, tools, protocols and artifacts to be shared digitally with schools and restorative practitioners across the DOE.
January 2020 through June 2020
● Successful candidates will be required to work after the school day, on weekends and/or school holidays (as needed.) The team will collectively develop a meeting schedule. (Maximum 100 hours.)
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
1) Application Form OP175 (Available in schools)
2) Cover letter
4) Copy of NYC Department of Education license
5) Copy of this Posting Notice
Send by January 25, 2020, to:
Office of Safety and Youth Development
SUBJECT LINE SHOULD INCLUDE:
“RP Curriculum Team” and Vacancy Notice Number
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.