PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 280: Supervisor - Restorative Trainer-360 Training (OSYD)
- Posted Date: Dec 10, 2019 Deadline: Jan 25, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Restorative 360 Trainer (Up to 15 positions)
Various DOE locations in variety of districts throughout the NY
● Licensed and appointed Supervisor
● Successful completion of Restore 360 Train the Trainer Restorative Circles
● Demonstrated knowledge of pedagogical best practices in Restorative Practices
● Demonstrated prior training/professional development in social emotional learning and/or student leadership programming and/or equity and access work.
● Demonstrated ability to co-facilitate Restorative 360 workshops
● Demonstrated ability to collaborate with CBO personnel
● Excellent communication skills
● Work collaboratively with CBO staff to plan and provide Restorative Approaches training and modeling to cohorts of teachers, guidance counselors, administrators and other school based staff who will return to their schools and implement Circles.
● Provide participants with guidance and feedback as needed on using “Be the Change” curriculum
● Debrief and plan with co-facilitator daily
January 2020 through June 2020
● Successful candidates will be required to work after the school day (as needed) and on weekends and school holidays from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (as needed.) (Maximum 200 hours.)
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
1) Application Form OP175 (Available in schools)
2) Cover letter
4) Copy of NYC Department of Education license
5) Copy of this Posting Notice
Send by January 25, 2020, to:
Office of Safety and Youth Development
SUBJECT LINE SHOULD INCLUDE:
“Restorative Circles Supervisor,” School Year, and Vacancy Notice Number
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.