PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 282: Teacher - YABC Teacher of Math (Young Adult Borough Center)
- Posted Date: Jan 2, 2020 Deadline: Feb 2, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
YABC Teacher of Math (ENL certified and for supports ELL students)
Young Adult Borough Center (YABC) are evening programs designed to help over-aged under-credited students obtain a high school diploma.
Young Adult Borough Center
Academy of Innovative Technology @
Franklin K. Lane Campus
999 Jamaica Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11208
Licensed appropriate to subject area
• Scholarship in the content area
• Demonstrated knowledge of performance and standards based assessment
• Ability to incorporate reading and writing strategies into content area instruction
• Knowledge of political, social, economic challenges facing the target population
• Willingness to work collaboratively with community-based partners skilled in articulating high expectations for student work
• Implement a student-centered curriculum that challenges and prepares the students for NYS exit exams (regents) and Common Core.
• As per schedule, participate in all regularly scheduled department, staff and case-conferencing meetings.
• Maintain accurate student records
• Participate in on-going professional activities
• Utilize performance and standards based assessment
• Contribute to the development of the YABC instructional team
• Provide regular classroom teacher services such as, but not limited to distribution and collection of books to students, supervision of student fire drills, etc.
• Participate in the planning of student advisory
4:00p.m - 8:30pm 2-4 days per week (schedule may vary for 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm or 4 pm to 7:00 Pm)
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Requests should be sent to the Ms. Rosalie Marks, Assistant Principal, YABC at Franklin K. Lane High School, rm. 333D, 999 Jamaica Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11208 and/or email email@example.com by February 2, 2020
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.