PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 284: Teacher - YABC ENL Teacher (Young Adult Borough Center)
- Posted Date: Jan 2, 2020 Deadline: Feb 2, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
ENL Teacher - (2 POSITIONS)
Young Adult Borough Center (YABC)
James Monroe Educational Campus
1300 Boynton Avenue
Bronx, NY 10472
MUST be dually certified English and TESOL, and experienced with all applicable ATS systems
1. Has No History of tardiness and has an excellent attendance record.
2. Teachers who are currently teaching day school in regents culminating courses will be given hiring preference.
3. Teachers who have an ENL extension will be given hiring preference.
4. Teachers who can teach a 1-3 schedule will be given hiring preference.
5. Teachers working at the High School for Teaching and the Professions must be in good standing in their day school position.
6. Ability to analyze student data and implement strategies that address student needs based ion this analysis.
7. Ability to differentiate instruction.
8. Ability to utilize formative assessment in the classroom.
9. Ability to work with students, supervisors, and other teachers.
10. Selection will be made by seniority within license area for individuals.
11. High School experience desired.
12. Satisfactory rating during the prior 3 years.
13. Must not have any other D.O.E. or education commitments that interfere with the Y.A.B.C. instructional hours.
1. Analyze all data relevant to the ENL YABC population that will help guide planning and instruction.
2. Deliver instruction that will prepare all of our ENL students for the English state and NYSESLAT exams.
3. Administer the NYSESLAT exams.
4. Ensure that the YABC program remains in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
5. Provide instruction for our ENL students that help them acquire the reading and writing skills that are required for college.
6. Differentiate based on the different levels of the ENL population.
7. Provide administration with status updates on a regular basis of the YABC ESL population upon request.
TBD - Teachers may work 1.5 hours to 4.5 hour shifts.
All per-session must be pre-approved by Supervisor
The annualizing of position with be subject to funding availability and performance
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION VIA DISTRICT 79 WEBSITE
Applicants should submit an OP175 and a letter of application due to Ms. Carmel Belizaire at CBelizaire@schools.nyc.gov by Monday - January 13, 2020 by 9:00 A.M
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.