PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 285: Teacher - AP Science Teacher (AP For All)
- Posted Date: Jan 8, 2020 Deadline: Feb 8, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
AP Science teachers have an opportunity to participate in hands on laboratory training that is aligned to the content of their AP Science course.
16K45 Boys and Girls HS, 1700 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11213
● Applicant must be a NYCDOE licensed teacher and be currently teaching an Advanced Placement Science course.
● Applicant must currently work in a New York City High School.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
● Teachers leading instruction in an AP Environmental Science or AP Biology course during the 2019-20 school year.
● Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a team.
● Attend and fully engage in AP for All professional learning opportunities.
● Implement lab training with AP science students
● Provide the AP for All Program feedback through surveys and online engagement
● Attend and complete AP aligned labs with AP for All staff from 2:30-5:30 PM on designated dates in the laboratory at Boys and Girls HS
All sessions will be held from 2:30-5:30 PM on the designated dates. Teachers can register for either AP Environmental Science or AP Biology
For AP Environmental Science Teachers:
• January 6, 2020
• January 30, 2020
• February 11, 2020
• March 10, 2020
• April 2, 2020
For AP Biology Teachers:
• January 23, 2020
• February 13, 2020
• March 2, 2020
• March 31, 2020
• April 7, 2020
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send cover letter, Form OP-175 (available in schools and on DHR Website), and resume via e-mail to Yabdelhadi@schools.nyc.gov by February 8, 2020.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.