PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 287: Teacher - Middle School HIV Curriculum Pilot (OSWP)
- Posted Date: Jan 9, 2020 Deadline: Apr 20, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teachers- Middle School HIV Curriculum Pilot (approximately 12 positions available)
New York City Department of Education-Office of School Wellness Programs
28-11 Queens Plaza North, Room 500
Long Island City, NY 11101
(Or other approved Office of School Wellness Programs locations)
• Licensed and appointed 6-8th grade New York City Department of Education teacher.
• Knowledge and experience in teaching and assessing middle school comprehensive health education, including the required HIV lessons
• Assigned to teach health education a minimum of two periods per week throughout the year
• Proficient understanding of NYS and National Health Education Standards and National Sexuality Standards.
• At least three (3) years of satisfactory experience within the NYCDOE.
• Attend one introductory session on April 28, 2020.
• Implement and follow lesson sequence for Middle School HIV Curriculum Pilot. This includes five lessons in grade 6, six lessons in grade 7, and six lessons in grade 8. Will be responsible for teaching required lessons for at least one grade level.
• Reflect and provide feedback at the end of each lesson using tool(s) provided.
• Additional responsibilities as needed.
• January 2020-June 2020
• Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 15 hours.
• Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change and funding ability. Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application: Copy of resume and cover letter by April 20, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject:
“Middle School HIV Curriculum Pilot”). Please specify which middle school grade level(s) you will teach the HIV Curriculum this spring.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.