PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 290: Guidance Counselor - High School Summer Enrichment Program Fair Support Personnel (OPSR)
- Posted Date: Jan 9, 2020 Deadline: Feb 7, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
NYCDOE High School Summer Enrichment Program Fair Support Personnel
APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 50
Locations throughout the five boroughs.
NYC DOE Licensed and Appointed Guidance Counselors
● Open to school staff working as high school guidance counselors
● Priority given to schools participating in College Access for All-High School
● Knowledge of DOE policies and procedures
● Minimum of 1 year of experience in high school programs
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Demonstrated ability to provide guidance to students around early college and career awareness
● Assist with the promotion of the Summer Enrichment Program Fair, and provide logistical support during the event.
● Recruit and chaperone a minimum of 10 students to the Summer Enrichment Program Fair on 2/8/20.
● Participate in the documentation of best practices and program evaluation.
● Provide guidance and technical assistance to students around best fit summer enrichment and work experiences.
School year 2019-20 (approximately 5 hours depending on funding availability)
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please contact email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.