PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 293: PE Teacher - 2020 Special Olympics NYS Winter Games Teacher Coaches (OSWP)
- Posted Date: Jan 9, 2020 Deadline: Feb 9, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Teacher coaches for the 2020 Special Olympics New York State Winter Games (Approximately 15 positions: 12 Floor Hockey Team Coaches, 1 Cross Country Skiing Coach and 2 Snowshoeing Coaches)
Rochester, New York
• Licensed New York City Department of Education Physical Education Teacher
• Currently coaching students who have been selected to participate in the 2020 Special Olympics New York State Winter Games
• Certified as a Special Olympics coach in the activity they are coaching (Floor Hockey, Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing)
• Current Special Olympics certification as a coach of floor hockey, snowshoeing or cross-country skiing
• At least 3 years experience instructing students with intellectual disabilities in physical education
• Experience coaching Special Olympics floor hockey, snowshoe or cross-country skiing
• Preference will be given to teachers who meet the above criteria and have a higher number of students participating in the event
• Preference given to teacher/coaches with more experience coaching students at the Special Olympics New York State Winter Games
• Coaching assigned students for the 2020 Special Olympics New York State Winter Games throughout the duration of the tournament
• Transporting equipment/supplies needed for the event (includes lifting and carrying)
• Chaperoning students for the duration of the trip (includes travel, events, hotel stay overnight, downtime and all other activities when they are not competing)
• Additional responsibilities as needed.
February 21-23, 2020
Friday: 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
(Approximately 26 hours per position)
• Hours up to, but not limited to approximately 26 hours. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
• Specific hours and schedule are not guaranteed. Schedule to be determined and will remain subject to change based on project and funding ability.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application: OP175, copy of your resume and cover letter by 2/9/20 to APE@schools.nyc.gov
Subject line: “2020 Special Olympics NYS Winter Games”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please contact email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.