PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 295: Teacher - SHSAT Math Content Reviewer (OSE)
- Posted Date: Jan 13, 2020 Deadline: Feb 8, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Math Teachers to serve as Specialized High School Admissions Test (SHSAT) Content
131 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, New York, 11201
New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed teachers of Middle School Mathematics and High School Mathematics.
• Must have minimum of 3 years experience teaching grades 6, 7, 8, or Algebra I
• Applicants must be rated as Effective, or Highly Effective
• Familiarity and expertise with Common Core Math Standards (Grades 6-8)
• Commitment to working during the work schedule below
• Experience working with high performing students
• Previous experience in reviewing documents for Common Core alignment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
• Comfortable using Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat software, Excel, and Google Docs
Review math assessment content on the Specialized High School Admissions Test
To Be Determined, between February 2020 and June 2020, mostly after school, weekend, or during school vacations. Exact schedule to be determined. (Approximately 25 hours per position depending upon funding availability and program needs)
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Application Form OP-175, a cover letter that includes explanation of your anticipated availability based on the work schedule provided in the posting, your resume (including contact information for two professional references), and a copy of your Department of Education license must be received by the Office of Assessment no later than February 7, 2020 at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Math Teachers – Assessment Content Review”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please contact email@example.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.