PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 296: Assistant Principal/EA - ELA Implementation Specialist for NY Next Generation ELA Standards (Literacy and AIS)
- Posted Date: Jan 6, 2020 Deadline: Jun 30, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
ELA Implementation Specialist for NY Next Generation ELA Standards (Approximately 40 positions)
Various locations citywide
Regularly licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education assistant principal or education administrator or retired New York City Department of Education AP or EA.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
• Demonstrated knowledge of NY Next Generation ELA Standards
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate high-quality professional learning workshops
• Demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues
• Excellent written communication, organizational, and computer literacy skills
• Minimum of 3 years satisfactory ratings
• Satisfactory record of attendance and punctuality
• Activities may include the following: Write, develop and/or select materials to support the implementation of NY Next Generation ELA Standards that are grounded in reliable research, deliver professional learning sessions for school and school support staff, conduct research to support creation of literacy resources
• Work collaboratively with other colleagues and program staff
• Supervise the development and submission of required group and/or individual project(s) within expected deadlines
Various dates and times including after school, evenings, and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Submit OP‐175 form and resume via email to: LiteracyandAIS@schools.nyc.gov. Please put “Per-Session ELA Implementation Specialist” in the subject line. Questions can be directed to LiteracyandAIS@schools.nyc.gov
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please contact LiteracyandAIS@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.