PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 298: Teacher - Talent Strategy Teacher Leader Liaison (Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality)
- Posted Date: Jan 22, 2020 Deadline: Feb 22, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
TITLE SOUGHT: TEACHER
NAME OF POSITION: Talent Strategy Teacher Leader Liaison (SPRING 2020)
NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: Up to 10
Various locations across the city; trainings may be held at the Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality at 65 Court St., Brooklyn, 11201.
New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) licensed and appointed teacher currently serving in one of the following NYCDOE teacher leader roles: Model Teacher, Peer Collaborative Teacher, Master Teacher, Teacher Team Leader.
• Demonstrated proficiency as a Model Teacher, Peer Collaborative Teacher, Master Teacher, or Teacher Team Leader in the 2018-19 School Year
• Previous experience in teacher recruitment and selection, particularly with Teacher Career Pathways – Talent Strategy
• Desire to inspire outstanding candidates to pursue teacher leader qualifications
• Ability to articulate experiences as a Teacher Career Pathways (TCP) teacher leader in a compelling way
• Effective and engaging communicator; comfortable with public speaking
• Strong interpersonal skills
• If supporting the Bronx, ability to work between 3 and 6 hours per week for the months of January through May 2020
• If supporting boroughs other than the Bronx, ability to work up to 10 hours a month for the months of January through May
• Preferred: Multiple years of experience as a Teacher Career Pathways teacher leader
• Work closely with the Talent Strategy team to reach specified recruitment goals
• Conduct in-person information sessions and phone outreach to target teacher audiences
• Cultivate professional narrative to integrate into communications, presentations, and outreach
• Participate in online webinars to provide insights and anecdotes about the teacher leader role to prospective teachers
• Participate in regularly scheduled phone conferences with a Teacher Career Pathways team member to provide status updates and assess progress toward specified goals
• Attend one group orientation facilitated by a Talent Strategy team member
• Participate in an exit survey upon completion of the role
• Various additional activities as needed
Talent Strategy Teacher Leader Liaisons:
• Supporting in the Bronx will work up to 6 hours per week for the months of January through May;
• Supporting all other boroughs will work up to 10 hours per month for the months of January through May.
These working hours will occur Monday through Friday, depending on availability of the TS Teacher Liaison and the needs of the hiring manager. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
• Complete this online survey by February 22
required to submit the OP 175 Form by email prior to the start of training.
• Questions about this advertisement can be sent to AHadaway@schools.nyc.gov with the subject line “Talent Strategy Teacher Leader Liaison Application.”
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please contact AHadaway@schools.nyc.gov
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.