PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 30: Teacher - Health Education/Physical Education Teacher Leaders (OSWP)
- Posted Date: Sep 13, 2019 Deadline: Nov 5, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
NYCDOE Health Education/Physical Education Teacher Leaders
(Up to 75 positions available)
New York City Department of Education
Office of School Wellness Programs (OSWP)
28-11 Queens Plaza North, Rm. 504
Queens, NY 11101
(Also, other approved Office of School Wellness Programs locations)
Licensed and appointed NYCDOE Health Education, Physical Education or other subject certified teacher
• Skills-based knowledge in teaching K-12 physical education and/or comprehensive health education.
• Teachers certified in subjects other than health and physical education should have experience championing wellness in their school, developing standards-based resources and/or leading professional development to incorporate grade level outcomes.
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
• Willingness to collaborate with teachers and the OSWP team during teacher-focused planning meetings.
• Experience facilitating professional learning experience in their school setting, at conferences, or with the OSWP.
• Priority will be given to teachers who have participated in programs, events, trainings, and conferences sponsored by the OSWP.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Design and facilitate professional learning opportunities for physical and health education teachers and develop teacher resources to support and sustain curriculum implementation.
• Participate in program evaluation and share feedback on OSWP professional development offerings for teachers.
• Convene and collaborate with select health and physical education instructional coaches, other OSWP staff, and partners.
• Identify education trends, technological tools (mobile-app solutions) to engage learners, and engage in online learning platforms.
• Develop and pilot standards/skills-based health and physical education resources.
• Assist with curriculum and resource analysis.
Hours up to but not limited to 4. Additional hours granted upon the approval of the hiring manager. Schedule is to be determined and may change. Specific hours and schedules are not guaranteed.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Email application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by Tuesday, November 5, 2019 to: WellnessPD@schools.nyc.gov (Subject Line: HE/PE Teacher Leaders)
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail WellnessPD@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.