PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 317: Supervisor - OTM (Office of Assessment)
- Posted Date: Jan 15, 2020 Deadline: Feb 14, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Supervisors to serve as Organizational Team Members to support scoring of the 2020 Grades 3-8 ELA and Math NY State Common Core exams.
Position: Organizational Team Member – ELA & Math Exams
Expected Dates: April 30 – May 7; May 27 – April 6 (note that dates are subject to change)
Expected Hours: 88 (not guaranteed)
Expected Number of Openings: 150 (not guaranteed)
Various sites throughout New York City. See bit.ly/ELAMathScoringSites for a list of scoring locations for each exam
New York City Department of Education licensed and appointed supervisors.
- All candidates must:
- Be available to attend the full training and scoring commitment for the particular position, as shown in the expected scoring schedule (bit.ly/ELAMathPerSessionCalendar) Training or scoring which occurs on school days will start at 4:15pm; training or scoring which takes place on weekend dates or weekdays schools are not in session will start at 8:30am. Accepted applicants who are absent from training or scoring, arrive at the scoring site late, or use electronic devices during scoring may be released from the assignment.
- Be rated Satisfactory, Highly Effective, Effective, or Developing; applicants with an Unsatisfactory or Ineffective rating in either of the 2018-19 or 2017-18 school years, or those who have received an Unsatisfactory rating for an Office of Assessment per session activity are not eligible for this activity.
- Applicants must be willing and able to regularly lift and move boxes (up to 30lbs.) and other testing materials/supplies, sometimes up and down stairs.
- Candidates who receive a nomination from a Borough Assessment Implementation Director.
- Candidates with familiarity of and experience in the following:
- The distributed scoring process for the NYS ELA and math exams, including the rules and regulations governing scorers and the distribution of exams, the physical packaging and handling of exam materials, and general scoring site operations.
- The NYCDOE scanning process for the NYS ELA and math exams, or other assessment programs (e.g. Regents), including how to scan answer documents, correct data capture errors, and generate and analyze ATS reports.
Organizational team members are responsible for maintaining smooth operations of the scoring sites and ensuring that scoring proceeds on schedule. Duties may include:
- Inspection and logging of exams at the scoring site from receipt until scoring completion,
- Physically moving exams to appropriate locations within the scoring site,
- Distribution of exams to scorers, according to NYSED policy,
- Tracking of scoring progress,
- Scanning answer documents, and generating and/or analyzing ATS reports to ensure accurate data capture, and
- Correction of data capture errors.
Organizational Team Members will be assigned roles at the discretion of the Scoring Site Supervisor. Preference among roles within the team, and the particular nature of the work, is not guaranteed.
See bit.ly/ELAMathPerSessionCalendar for the expected work schedule. Note that dates and hours are estimated, are subject to change, and are not guaranteed. In order to maintain continuity and consistency of scoring, applicants must be available for the all expected dates and hours of the activity in order to accept the position.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
All applications must be submitted online at https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/elamath. Applicants selected for the positions will be notified via their NYCDOE email.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.