PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 325: Retired Supervisor - Assistant Site Supervisors (Office of Assessment)
- Posted Date: Jan 15, 2020 Deadline: Feb 14, 2020
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Retired Supervisors to serve as Assistant Site Supervisors to support scoring of the 2020 Grades 3-8 ELA NY State Common Core exams.
Position: Scoring Site Supervisors – ELA Exams
Expected Dates: April 30 – May 7; (note that dates are subject to change)
Expected Hours: 88 (not guaranteed)
Expected Number of Openings: 21 (not guaranteed)
Various sites throughout New York City. See bit.ly/ELAMathScoringSites for a list of scoring locations for each exam
New York City Department of Education licensed retired supervisor.
- All candidates must:
- Be available to attend the full training and scoring commitment for the particular position, as shown in the expected scoring schedule (bit.ly/ELAMathPerSessionCalendar). Accepted applicants who are absent from training or scoring, arrive at the scoring site late, or use electronic devices during scoring may be released from the assignment.
- Be rated Satisfactory, Highly Effective, Effective, or Developing; applicants with an Unsatisfactory or Ineffective rating in either of the 2018-19 or 2017-18 school years, or those who have received an Unsatisfactory rating for an Office of Assessment per session activity are not eligible for this activity.
- Candidates who receive a nomination from a Borough Assessment Implementation Director.
- Candidates with familiarity of and experience in the following:
- The distributed scoring process for the NYS ELA and math exams, including the rules and regulations governing scorers and the distribution of exams, the physical packaging and handling of exam materials, and general scoring site operations.
- The NYCDOE scanning process for the NYS ELA and math exams, or other assessment programs (e.g. Regents), including how to scan answer documents, correct data capture errors, and generate and analyze ATS reports.
- Ability to oversee and help manage a group of teachers and supervisors.
Scoring Site Supervisors are responsible for the overall activities at scoring sites. They are charged with ensuring that scoring is completed accurately, on time, and in accordance with NYSED and NYCDOE policy. Duties include:
- Attending a mandatory training to be scheduled shortly before the start of scoring; the date and time of the training session will be communicated to successful applicants.
- Manage the scoring site and supervise all activities related to the scoring facility.
- Provide direction, oversight, support, and motivation to all scoring site personnel.
- Oversee site setup and breakdown.
- Ensure that scoring proceeds according to all applicable NYSED and NYCDOE policy.
- Monitor and report scoring progress to ensure that scoring proceeds at a suitable pace to finish as scheduled.
- Monitor (through a delegate) site attendance and sign timesheets for all personnel.
- Rate personnel satisfactory or unsatisfactory, as required and prudent.
- Oversee ELA-Math scoring site operations, including attendance management and coordination of check-in, quality control, distribution, scanning, and return of test materials.
- Organize and prepare for training and scoring, and secure storage of all tests and equipment during the school day and overnight.
- Oversee all administrative paperwork, including maintaining attendance records for all staff and follow up with school principals on scorer attendance.
See bit.ly/ELAMathPerSessionCalendar for the expected work schedule. Note that dates and hours are estimated, are subject to change, and are not guaranteed. In order to maintain continuity and consistency of scoring, applicants must be available for the all expected dates and hours of the activity in order to accept the position.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
All applications must be submitted online at https://www.nycenet.edu/offices/dhr/elamath. Applicants selected for the positions will be notified via their NYCDOE email.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please contact email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.