PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 423: Teachers (ENL and ENL/ELA Dually Certified Middle or High School Teachers) - DML
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Jun 28, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
ENL and ENL/ELA Dually Certified Middle or High School Teachers
Multiple positions available.
Division of Multilingual Learners, 52 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
New York State Education Department certified ENL or Dually Certified ENL/ELA teachers
- Three (3) years of satisfactory teaching experience with English Language Learners in New York City or elsewhere
- Certified by the NYSED in TESOL or TESOL and ELA
- Scheduled to teach Standalone ENL in the Fall of 2019
- Understanding of language and literacy development
- Ability to work with a diverse ELL populations
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Have a strong learner’s stance
- Excellent attendance and punctuality records
- Able to attend training meetings during the summer, four consecutive days in mid-late July
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
Per session personnel will perform one or more of the following tasks under the direction of the appropriate supervisor:
- Training on QTEL methodology and curricular materials for classroom use in Fall 2019
- Pilot all curricular materials and training in Fall 2019
- Provide feedback to DML on materials and training, complete and submit all required documents as needed
Summer of 2019 – Part 1 - Week of July
Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Up to 25 hours per position)
Fall of 2018 – Part 2 - Feedback
Weekday, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Up to 2 hours per position)
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by June 28, 2019 to: to DML@schools.nyc.gov with the subject: Summer Per Session –ELA-ENL Teacher
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail DML@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.