PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 424: Teachers (LOTE- Certified Middle or High School Teachers) - DML
- Posted Date: May 28, 2019 Deadline: Jun 28, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
LOTE- Certified Middle or High School Teachers
Multiple positions available.
Division of Multilingual Learners, 52 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
New York State Education Department certified LOTE teachers
- Three (3) years of satisfactory teaching experience as a World Languages (LOTE) teacher with English Language Learners in New York City or elsewhere
- Certified by New York State in LOTE
- Scheduled to teach World Languages (LOTE) during the 2019-2020 school year
- Ability to work with a diverse population of language learners
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Have a strong learner’s stance
- Excellent attendance and punctuality records
- Able to attend training meetings during the summer, four (4) consecutive days in mid-late July
- Able to attend up to three (3) feedback sessions in August and/or September
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
Per session personnel will perform one or more of the following tasks under the direction of the appropriate supervisor:
- Engage in intensive summer trainings on current research-based practices in World Languages (LOTE)
- Take part in development and provide feedback on materials for school use in Fall 2019
- Pilot curricular materials and training in Fall 2019
- Open classrooms to inter-visitations during 2019-2020 school year
- Provide feedback to DML on materials and training, complete and submit all required documents as needed
- Develop plan to turnkey training/build capacity of World Languages (LOTE) colleagues
Summer of 2019 – Part 1 - Week of July
Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., training rate applies (Up to 25 hours per position)
Summer/Fall of 2019 – Feedback - August
Up to 3 weekdays, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., or 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., regular rate applies (Up to 18 hours per position)
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by June 28, 2019 to: to DML@schools.nyc.gov with the subject: Summer Per Session – LOTE Teachers
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail DML@schools.nyc.gov.
NOTE: Service exceeding the number of hours specified in Chancellor’s Regulation C-175 governing per session activities requires prior approval. The appropriate Per Session Supervisor must make the request via the Per Session Service System and receive approval before the person can begin working in the activity. Failure to obtain a valid waiver may result in the withholding of payment for hours worked beyond the maximum.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.