PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 589: Administrator - Wilson Reading Supervisor (CIPL)
- Posted Date: Sep 3, 2019 Deadline: Oct 2, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
Wilson Reading System Trainer and Coordinator
Approximately 1 positions
Various locations Citywide
Regularly licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education Administrator
• Masters degree in education
• Three years of successful teaching experience
• Three years of successful experience as an administrator
• Recent experience as a Wilson Reading System facilitator
• Strong understanding of the Wilson Reading System, Fundations, and Just Words programs
• Ability to communicate and work with central staff, district and school administrators, and teachers
• Demonstrated evidence of flexibility and initiative
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer literate
• Certification as a Wilson Reading System, Fundations, and Just Words Trainer
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate training for several cohorts of Wilson, Fundations, and Just Words per year
• Knowledge of reading science as it relates to phonics instruction
• Serve approximately 35 days per year in a per-session capacity under the supervision of central NYCDOE staff
• work collaboratively with school-based Wilson teachers
• prepare the Wilson Reading System budget and arrange for materials needed for trainings
• organize and facilitate professional learning in Wilson, Fundations, and Just Words
• Serve as the contact person between the Department of Education and Wilson Reading
• Visit schools to support administrators with successful implementation of Wilson, Fundations, and Just WOrds
• Provide all needed data to central office
Various dates and times including after school, evenings, and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability from October 3, 2019 to June 30, 2019.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by October 31, 2019 to: Jborges2@schools.nyc.gov. Please put “Wilson Reading Coordinator” in the subject line.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail JBorges2@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.