PER SESSION VACANCY CIRCULAR (VC) NOTICE # 591: Administrator - AIS Senior Instructional Specialist (CIPL)
- Posted Date: Sep 3, 2019 Deadline: Oct 2, 2019
(CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AVAILABILITY)
AIS Senior Instructional Specialist
(1 position available)
Various locations Citywide
Regularly licensed and appointed New York City Department of Education Administrator
• Masters degree in education
• Certification as a school/district level administrator in New York State
• At least three years of successful experience as a school based administrator
• Strong understanding of researched based programs/methodologies/assessments in literacy
• Ability to communicate and work with central staff, district and school administrators, and teachers
• Demonstrate evidence of flexibility and initiative
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer literate
• District level experience providing AIS support to schools
• Serve approximately __ days per year in a per-session capacity under the supervision of central NYCDOE staff
• Manage literacy pilot programs in NYC DOE schools across all five boroughs
• Work collaboratively with participating school administration and teacher leaders in pilot programs
• Provide general administrative support for the teacher leaders associated with implementing pilot programs at the training site
• Assist with the recruitment of pilot schools
• Work with district and building administrators to ensure understanding of, and compliance with, training and implementation requirements
• Serve as the contact person between the pilot sites and different publishing companies
• Assist the teacher leaders in the collection, organization, analysis, and reporting of student progress data
• Provide information to people wanting to know about literacy programs piloted, including speaking to groups and responding to telephone and written inquiries; disseminate information about pilot programs
• Visit pilot schools to support administrators with successful implementation of literacy programs piloted
• Provide all needed data on each pilot program to central office
Various dates and times including after school, evenings, and weekends. Schedules will be determined by need and availability from October 15, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
ADDITIONAL HOURS GRANTED UPON THE APPROVAL OF THE HIRING MANAGER.
Per Session rates as per the relevant union/organization of the advertised title (UFT, CSA, DC-37 - Collective Bargaining Agreement). Contingent Upon Funding Availability.
Send application: OP 175, copy of resume and cover letter by October 15 2019 to: JBorges2@schools.nyc.gov. Please put “AIS Senior Instructional Specialist” in the subject line.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE ABOVE CIRCULAR NUMBER ON YOUR APPLICATION
If you have any questions about this activity, please e-mail JBorges2@schools.nyc.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.